Overclock.net banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got my xbox 360 connected to my TV with the HDMI connector but instead of sound coming out of my speakers, I want to hook up my 5.1 headset or my regular headset.

This is the available connections on the back of the TV.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

·
Premium Member
8,951 Posts
Ah, so it's a 5.1 analog headset.

All I see on your TV as far as analog out is only stereo RCA connectors.

Without buying some $200+ converter box to go from analog to digital, there's no way to hook them up directly to your TV.

It's a shame you bought a surround headset.

·
Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Quote:

Originally Posted by ImmortalKenny
View Post

Ah, so it's a 5.1 analog headset.

All I see on your TV as far as analog out is only stereo RCA connectors.

Without buying some $200+ converter box to go from analog to digital, there's no way to hook them up directly to your TV.

It's a shame you bought a surround headset.

Not a big deal, since 5.1 Headsets in my experience is just a gimmick, I could just as well use my 2.0 headset.

What I currently have right now is my xbox hooked up to my monitor via VGA. http://www.overstock.com/Books-Movie...i_sku=12257757 and using my 2.0 headphones, but it looks like crap on a monitor, so much better on a TV.

·
Registered
2,518 Posts

dual male/female RCA jacks......use the audio output plug with your xbox to input it to this adapter.

this is what you need

·
Premium Member
8,951 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Cacophony View Post

dual male/female RCA jacks......use the audio output plug with your xbox to input it to this adapter.

this is what you need
He's using an HDMI cable, not composite cables, so that wouldn't work.

His headset also uses analog connectors for surround, the picture above is just for stereo.

·
Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Quote:

Originally Posted by ImmortalKenny View Post
He's using an HDMI cable, not composite cables, so that wouldn't work.

His headset also uses analog connectors for surround, the picture above is just for stereo.
Got it working! Only for my stero headset, if anyone can find out how to cheapy hook up my 5.1 headset let me know.

Only problem I have right now is headset is set on max but its not really loud at all, its sound is medium to low sound volume =(.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts