Overclock.net banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My onboard sound was good, but I decided to get an Audigy2 ZS. The headphone jack in the front of my case worked, now it doesn't. I attribute this to my newly added soundcard. That said, what do I do in order to get my headphone jack working again? What do I have to change?

·
Registered
604 Posts
You would need a sound card that supports front audio... There's a plug that's going to your motherboard from the front audio ports. Using a sound card effectively disables this. SO -- see if your sound card has it and if so plug it in! If not, either get a new card that supports front audio or take that card out if you must have it.

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
Good question! I just did the same thing! There is a couple headers on the soundcard to connect such things to. I was wondering if anyone knew what to connect where to get the sound to the front of the case connectors.

·
Registered
365 Posts
Installing a PCI sound card disables your onboard sound, so if the front panel jacks are still connected to the motherboard and not the sound card, they won't work.

So do as the people above suggested, flip through the manual (I know, I know....maunals pfffft
), and find where the connectors go.

·
Registered
604 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Progenicus

Installing a PCI sound card disables your onboard sound, so if the front panel jacks are still connected to the motherboard and not the sound card, they won't work.

So do as the people above suggested, flip through the manual (I know, I know....maunals pfffft

Did you even bother to read my post? Heh...

·
Premium Member
2,448 Posts
Audigy 2Zs platinum front panel has a 1/4" headphone jack. This is the only way it supports front panel hookups. The center output on the rear panel(line 1 out) supports headphones. Open your online manual and scroll down to the bottom of the index and click "your Audigy 2zs audio card" and you will see what I mean.

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Progenicus

The manual that comes with the ZS talks about the connector for the ZS Platinum, but doesn't say which connector is which on the header, just has one big plug in for it. The plain ZS doesn't come with that.

So you're saying the online manual will tell which header pins are which for the front panel sound?
I was curious if anyone here had ever connected it for that.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts