Overclock.net banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
4,177 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have these plantronic headset and when I was taking a shower and washing my hair I realized that my head dips in where the top of my headset rests on my head... o_O how does that plastice that barely rests on my head causes my skull to have inprint of my headset? I don't really wear them often, I only wear them late at night when I don't want to wake anyone up.

Anyone else have same thing on their head?

·
Not new to Overclock.net
516 Posts
whoa!!!

Are you just now noticing that?
How long do you have them on a day and how long have you had these headphones.

·
Registered
2,077 Posts
Im pretty sure that your headphones did not cause your head to be mishapen you can change it but it requires a ton of force its not anything headphones would do.

Its prolly just how your skull grew together when you were little

·
Registered
499 Posts
Are you sure it's your actual skull (lol?) - Not laughing at you directly but it seems quite impossible that a headset would cause such a thing. Then again probably not, but still! Are you sure it's not just your hair pushed down more making it feel that way?

6,097 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vhox;14143542
Are you sure it's your actual skull (lol?) - Not laughing at you directly but it seems quite impossible that a headset would cause such a thing. Then again probably not, but still! Are you sure it's not just your hair pushed down more making it feel that way?
most likely cause.

·
Registered
4,177 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vhox;14143542
I moved my hair and pressed my hand down its my head not my hair idk how thick the skin is from the skull but if it is the skin that ok its the skin.

Edit; after I dried my hair, my hair was not in shape of my headset and when I was feeling around it was still there so I hope its just the skin and not the actual skull.

Quote:
Originally Posted by racer86;14143525
Im pretty sure that your headphones did not cause your head to be mishapen you can change it but it requires a ton of force its not anything headphones would do.

Its prolly just how your skull grew together when you were little
I did not wear headsets I was younger, This is the first headset I have that goes over my head. (had the cheap logitech one that went behind my skull) 21 btw, Had this headset since I was 18. I mean I know I am still growing but you would think a skull would shape correctly and not be overcome by headset.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Stoner-Dog-DUDE.jpg?1274851101

Wow man. That is so crazy. Maybe you should sleep off your high though and check again tomorrow morning.

To answer you though, your headset didn't change the shape of your skull.

·
Registered
380 Posts
Don't worry, Einstein had a misshapen head on birth. Besides, it's not like it's killing brain cells right?
thinking.gif

Mayan nobles squished their heads to be cone shaped when they're young to represent the corn god. But then again, there might be a reason why they got owned by the Spaniards.
laugher.gif

And according to google, the Central Sulcus (supposed to be the middle of your head) is a "large deep groove or indentation that seperates the parietal and frontal lobes" i only understood the groove and indentation part, but it doesn't really specify which way it goes. Horizontally? Vertically? Diagonally? No clue:confused:

·
Registered
813 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by max it
View Post

Don't worry, Einstein had a misshapen head on birth. Besides, it's not like it's killing brain cells right?

Mayan nobles squished their heads to be cone shaped when they're young to represent the corn god. But then again, there might be a reason why they got owned by the Spaniards.

And according to google, the Central Sulcus (supposed to be the middle of your head) is a "large deep groove or indentation that seperates the parietal and frontal lobes" i only understood the groove and indentation part, but it doesn't really specify which way it goes. Horizontally? Vertically? Diagonally? No clue

like this

·
Registered
349 Posts
I feel as though a lot of you are mistaken. Although I truthfully doubt your headphones caused any damage or moved your skull its not unheard of. A low amount of pressure over a long period of time can do a lot. How do you think water wears away at the world? Your not in any danger and your not going to cause any damage to yourself so keep wearing the headphones but they could be a cause if there is actually a dent.

·
Registered
547 Posts
Are you absolutely sure it wasn't there to begin with? I rarely try to feel for "bumps" in my skull while I shower, and maybe you for some reason thought about headsets, so your brain makes you think that was the reason the bump's there. I obviously have no idea if that's the cause but seems like the most reasonable one to me.

·
Unwilling Beta tester
7,188 Posts
I have a similar dip in my skull about where the headphones would rest. As far as I know I have always had it, although I did fall off a 15' jungle gym when I was 4 which might have caused it. I have only recently started wearing headphones which rest on top of my head, so they have not been the cause.

I highly doubt it was caused by your headphones, most likely thing is that you have just noticed it due to your hair being flattened down. Ask you parents (mum is probably best) if they noticed it earlier.

·
Registered
4,177 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Quote:

Originally Posted by srsparky32
View Post

lol do you even realize how hard a skull is? its impossible to make a skull change shape

I know but I am hoping for a different answer. I know a skull is hard *got head butt before*

·
Premium Member
6,174 Posts
1 - 20 of 36 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.