Overclock.net banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking for headphones with these features

  • Durability (Preferably no plastic headband)
  • A great sound stage including bass
  • Very comfortable
All for $100 or less.

Thanks Guys!
 

·
Data Recovery Engineer
Joined
·
20,229 Posts
I will go with simca. She is the local audiophile.
thumb.gif
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
780 Posts
The CAL are essentially one of the older Denon models.

They're recommended all over the place.

Other models in that price range (can't comment on sound stage or bass, I've not heard them):

Audio Technica AD700
Grado SR80i (probably not what you're looking for)
Fostex T50RP
AKG K240 (these ones I have, and they're nice)
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
7,160 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by liquidzoo View Post

The CAL are essentially one of the older Denon models.

They're recommended all over the place.

Other models in that price range (can't comment on sound stage or bass, I've not heard them):

Audio Technica AD700
Grado SR80i (probably not what you're looking for)
Fostex T50RP
AKG K240 (these ones I have, and they're nice)
The fostex would be my choice simply because you can mod them into what ever sort of headphone you like. But you will probably need some type of amp, or sound card with amp.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9,249 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by liquidzoo View Post

The CAL are essentially one of the older Denon models.

They're recommended all over the place.

Other models in that price range (can't comment on sound stage or bass, I've not heard them):

Audio Technica AD700
Grado SR80i (probably not what you're looking for)
Fostex T50RP
AKG K240 (these ones I have, and they're nice)
Dont forget the JVC RX900
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
8,183 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by M3T4LM4N222 View Post

I am looking for headphones with these features

  • Durability (Preferably no plastic headband)
  • A great sound stage including bass
  • Very comfortable
All for $100 or less.

Thanks Guys!
any other uses? portability? gaming?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I ended up deciding I didn't want to drop $100 and just grabbed a really cheap pair of KOSS UR40's for $25. Nothing special, but for $25, whateva.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9,249 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by M3T4LM4N222 View Post

I ended up deciding I didn't want to drop $100 and just grabbed a really cheap pair of KOSS UR40's for $25. Nothing special, but for $25, whateva.
One month with those and you'll be back.
tongue.gif
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9,249 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by M3T4LM4N222 View Post

Mah ears is already hurtin
Which cans did you get exactly? Have a link?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragsters View Post

Which cans did you get exactly? Have a link?
Some KOSS UR40's. They sit on the head well but they lack any real cushion for the ears, so after about 2 hours of wearing them my ears begin to get sore. They're also overall unimpressive sound quality wise. They aren't horrible, they're just "OK"
 
1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Top