Overclock.net banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just so people are informed I guess, it seems that there might be some color issues with the monitor in that it can't emulate a sRGB mode on the monitor forcing you to use hardware calibration software such as the Spyder 3(and other products). As some people can attest to, color profiles don't always stick in games so some games on this monitor are going to look completely whack due to the wide gamut.

Source:http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1525655&page=2

·
Premium Member
7,204 Posts
Considering the lack of anything more than minimal internal processing to keep lag/costs down, no surprise. In fact, was that even an advertised feature? I'd have been more surprised if it did have them than didn't.

·
Super Moderator
19,301 Posts
Interesting. I wonder if they'll fix it...

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Quote:

Originally Posted by E_man
View Post

Considering the lack of anything more than minimal internal processing to keep lag/costs down, no surprise. In fact, was that even an advertised feature? I'd have been more surprised if it did have them than didn't.

That's my guess too but by essentially cutting out the emulation mode on the monitor itself, games are going to look way oversaturated unless by some miracle they're color aware and don't override the color profile. This I guess is a perfect example of the double edged sword called wide gamut.

·
Premium Member
7,204 Posts
I actually like a wide gamut to my games
Even if not to everything else.

But if you want the internal hardware, you'll have to pay in both cash and lag, like the 3008wfp.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Quote:

Originally Posted by E_man
View Post

But if you want the internal hardware, you'll have to pay in both cash and lag, like the 3008wfp.

Honestly, what option do we have? 3008 has the lag issue. The 3007 has the AG issue. Not to mention both Dells don't have the best colors. The Gateway 30 inch has crappy customer service and quality issues. The Samsung is a PVA. I've heard conflicting stuff about NEC not to mention the ridiculous price. All the tech is outdated compared to the 2711 or 2410. Seriously what ****ing option do we have?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts