Overclock.net banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,351 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good Day,

I am hoping to get some advice, I know that the main advice would be to get a decent pair of headphones with a clip-on/stand alone mic and I will be golden, but this is a present and the person I am buying for wants 1 of the 2 mentioned in the title.

So the question is:

If you had to buy either the Razer Tiamat 7.1's or the Steelseries Siberia Elite, which would you buy ??

Regards

·
Registered
349 Posts
Steelseries. Avoid 7.1 like Ebola.
smile.gif
Actually you should avoid all "gaming" headsets. Is there any way you could talk him over to get something else?
If you have to stick to the gaming branded, then I would go for the Hyper X cloud over those two.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I would second the Steel Series option, and while I haven't heard it, I would agree with the previous poster the Kingston Hyper X Cloud is a solidly built set. Nobody has ever used those words with a Razer product. I don't know the age of the intended recipient, but while most of us prefer metal and leather, someone younger may prefer the lighter weight of plastic.

Another option to consider is the Sennheiser G4ME One and G4Me Zero headsets. They are a significant bump up in sound quality and have recently taken a price tumble. However, they are still twice the price of the other sets mentioned. Their predecessors, the Sennheiser 350, 360, 363 might be found for near the price of the original units you asked about. They would also be a significant jump in sound quality, but with a more adult look.

I don't know what's the intended use, but be aware some headsets require and adapter for PS4/Xbox use. Often it is included with the kit, but it is something to double check for when making a selection.

·
Registered
2,351 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeemil89 View Post

Steelseries. Avoid 7.1 like Ebola.
smile.gif
Actually you should avoid all "gaming" headsets. Is there any way you could talk him over to get something else?
If you have to stick to the gaming branded, then I would go for the Hyper X cloud over those two.
I have just told him about the hyper-x headset and he told me about the asus strix pro ( I knew about it just never thought he would like it)

I will see what he says ... .. Honestly, without hearing the Tiamat's I could already tell that they would be bad both in the ways of SQ and with them being gimmicky

Quote:
Originally Posted by c-attack View Post

I would second the Steel Series option, and while I haven't heard it, I would agree with the previous poster the Kingston Hyper X Cloud is a solidly built set. Nobody has ever used those words with a Razer product. I don't know the age of the intended recipient, but while most of us prefer metal and leather, someone younger may prefer the lighter weight of plastic.

Another option to consider is the Sennheiser G4ME One and G4Me Zero headsets. They are a significant bump up in sound quality and have recently taken a price tumble. However, they are still twice the price of the other sets mentioned. Their predecessors, the Sennheiser 350, 360, 363 might be found for near the price of the original units you asked about. They would also be a significant jump in sound quality, but with a more adult look.

I don't know what's the intended use, but be aware some headsets require and adapter for PS4/Xbox use. Often it is included with the kit, but it is something to double check for when making a selection.
He will be using them for gaming and watching/listening to music and movies and it will be strictly on PC

I have thought about the game zeros and the thing that put me off is the fact they are holy expensive in my country they are well over 3k a headset and that as a present while I am trying to save for a 970 and extra memory is a bit of an issue.

·
Registered
526 Posts
There is no question of all the headsets listed here the hyper x cloud is the way to go if you aren't going to pony for the senheisers and I wouldn't buy them anyway, would be better off buying a senny and a mic seperately.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amw86 View Post

There is no question of all the headsets listed here the hyper x cloud is the way to go if you aren't going to pony for the senheisers and I wouldn't buy them anyway, would be better off buying a senny and a mic seperately.
Probably not for the recipient in question. Also, style maybe as much of an issue as sound quality.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts