Overclock.net banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so i started playing borderlands 2 on live and i picked up an xbox headset and it works just not all that well, cuts out a lot and things like that, would and upgrade to a better headset fix this or is theirs something im missing, also if i should get a better headset then which ones would be best to avoid. thanks again every one.

·
Registered
2,798 Posts
Depends on how much you want to spend.

Also depends on whether you want a headset with a microphone built in or nor. If you want a microphone on the headset itself it reduce your choices significantly.

Again, I don't know what you want to spend, but my recommendations would be:

JVC HARX-700 - a decent pair for around $40, you can get a separate mic like a Zalman clip on and be good to go.

Audio Technica ATH-AD700 - a great pair of cans, will set you back around $100, you would need a separate mic with these as well.

Sennheiser PC350 - also a very good pair, these come with a microphone built in, but they run $150.

Like I said, it depends on what you are looking for and how much you want to spend.

·
In a van...DOWNBYTHERIVER
3,590 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by n1helix View Post

Depends on how much you want to spend.
Also depends on whether you want a headset with a microphone built in or nor. If you want a microphone on the headset itself it reduce your choices significantly.
Again, I don't know what you want to spend, but my recommendations would be:
JVC HARX-700 - a decent pair for around $40, you can get a separate mic like a Zalman clip on and be good to go.
Audio Technica ATH-AD700 - a great pair of cans, will set you back around $100, you would need a separate mic with these as well.
Sennheiser PC350 - also a very good pair, these come with a microphone built in, but they run $150.
Like I said, it depends on what you are looking for and how much you want to spend.
Unlike PCs it's worth noting he won't have emulated surround sound (software) for those stereo headphones because there is no controller/sound processor with a 360.

I would suggest getting Turtle Beach x12's. They are wired so you don't have to worry about batteries, they have a microphone attached, and they have emulated surround sound. (Dolby Digital 5.1 I think?) All for only $60.

·
Premium Member
5,450 Posts
I use the wireless headset for the slim, which is actually surprisingly decent.

Standard headset out of the box should work just fine to be honest. I fear that if you are having issues with that you may have issues with others aswell. Try making sure your NAT is open as that can cause communication issues over Xbox Live. However if it is broken or faulty can you not just get it replaced?

In regards to using normal headphones you can do the trick of using a component lead with your HDMI lead and using the component lead to run your headphones by using two adaptors. phono to 3.5mm and female/female adaptor so you can plug your headphones in.

Some specially designed headsets (Turtlebeaches and Steelseries for example) will work from the control pad.

·
Registered
2,681 Posts
little pricey but ive been using the Astro A30's for about 2 1/2 years now and there great

http://www.astrogaming.com/a30

get the mix amp and headset (A30's, A40's, A50's) and everything sounds great.

I sold my mixamp here recently as i'm going to buy the new one so i can use them with my ps3 as well.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.