Overclock.net banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recently my AC-201 headset 's
(http://www.cyberacoustics.com/produc...51D8BF18E3EC91) sound stopped working. The microphone works, but I get no sound out of the headset. My regular speakers (not the headset) work just fine. None of my settings have been changed. One night it worked than the next day it did not. I bought a new headset (second AC-201) and it still does not work. I have the current drivers for my Sound Blaster Live! 24-bit card. Also used a system restore point from before this problem occurred. I'm guessing either somehow my settings did get changed or the headset is having problems.

I reinstalled my sound card drivers too. I don't know what else to do. I tried to use a friends headset, different model than him. Still same problem, mic works but no sound.

·
Registered
677 Posts
you can try plugging in the headphones of your headset into your onboard sound card, and see if the headphones work.

fill in your system specs so i can see what you have

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm not computer savvy. I don't know how to check what memory, cooling, or power supply.

I don't know if I filled in enough.

·
Registered
677 Posts
good enough, i needed to know your sound card. Now just plug in your headphones of the headset into your sound card where your speakers would go. if the sound works on the headphones of your headset, and the sound doesnt work on the headset ports then your headset port is busted or it disconnected from your motherboard or soundcard. dont worry about the mic for now, focus on the headphones, plug them into an mp3 player or something, anything that takes headphones

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Plugged headphones into front of computer, where there's one jack. Headphones work and I know my mic works from before. Headset works, idiot me for buying a new headset first. So I guess the headphone port in the back doesn't work.

Guess I need a new sound card?

·
Registered
677 Posts
or you can use onboard sound card if you have one. Usually my headset is plugged into the front ports of the computer, and my speaker system is plugged into the back on the onboard soundcard. I think from here you can return the headset and get a new sound card. what else is there to do. good luck

1 - 9 of 9 Posts