Overclock.net banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
465 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 9200 in my server and every time a test it with a game running for a couple of hrs i notice that the card gets very hot, does anyone know or recommend any method to cool it down

·
Registered
792 Posts
Most likely he doesnt, because I have the same card, and it does not come stock with a fan. I hate it, getting a new one asap. It does generate A TON of heat.

·
Premium Member
13,104 Posts
9200's and 9250's dont come stock with a fan, at least with the ati and powercolor cards

You can get a new heatsink and fan for the card to cool it down, but i would suggest taking off the heatsink, cleaning off all the white crappy thermal compound, and replacing that with some arctic silver 5 or antec reference silver, that will transfer the heat much better and the heat wont rise as high..

if you can find a small fan you can screw it right into the heatsink on the card, that would help a LOT, in combo with the silver compound your card will be WAY cooler for a small ammount of money

if you want to cheap out and do it the easiest way, get a program like ATiTool and down-clock the core mHz, but that would kinda suck now wouldnt it ?

• Rep+
Reactions: eagles051387

·
Registered
465 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Premium Member
3,899 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by eagles051387
what kind of fan would u recommend putting on there. or could i get one of those large thermaltake fanless vga coolers.

http://www.thermaltake.com/coolers/c...r/cl-g0009.htm

also where can i get that artic 5 thermal compound
well, that looks like it's gonna work pretty well, if it really does what it says it does.

go for it, if you want. it looks pretty good to me

·
Registered
465 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
in the bios actually ive found that actually i had increased the speed of the agp/pci settings from 33mhz to 35. ive changed it back to the stock 33mhz and im waiting to test it. ill let you know how that works out.

·
Registered
465 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
reducing the agp pci settings for the graphics card has helped, but it still gets pretty hot when under load.

thanks for all the advice

·
Registered
1 Posts
mine came with a fan and its a reliable video card.i have no problems when i play half life 2 or unreal tournament 2004.

p.s. i really need help on overclocking this card! please help!

·
Registered
465 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Quote:

Originally Posted by Stich552000
mine came with a fan and its a reliable video card.i have no problems when i play half life 2 or unreal tournament 2004.

p.s. i really need help on overclocking this card! please help!

I would be careful when trying to overclock a graphics card. if yo do you should leave a game running for an hr and then restart your computer and check the temperature of the gpu to make shure u rnt overclocking it to much.

if you want a graphics card that was actually designed to be overclocked i would go with abit. they specifically make their graphics cards for overclocking.

http://www.abit-usa.com/products/graphics/

here is the link for the abit graphics cards. depending on how new ur board is they have graphics cards for agp as well as the new standard pci express. i hope this helps, and if it does please rep me

1 - 12 of 12 Posts