Overclock.net banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Banned
642 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok so i love my AMD Athlon 3200+ but herse the weird thing i have 5 80MM case fans 2 front 2 rear and one side and ovcourse my Heatsink but my computer always is running at 49-51C i dont get it the only time i can ever get the thing down to like 40-45 is if i have the window open in 10 degree weather what am i doing wrong!!! ???

·
Registered
1,827 Posts
if you are still using the stock hsf then that could be why your temps are high try getting a higher spec hsf and see how you dget onn

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
Did you use arctic silver 5 when you put that heatsink on?

Maybe take your heatsink off, clean it, reapply thermal compound and put it back on. If the temps remain high like that, perhaps you should think of getting a new heatsink. Preferablly something with more copper.

Try www.newegg.com you can get a decent thermaltake for like 25 bucks. But if you want to balls out, get a thermalright si-97 or a thermaltake pipe101 and a nice fan ( these both add up to about $60 after a fan/shipping/tax). Since your not even overclocking your temps should be in the low 40's, if you got a good heatsink/fan you should be in the 30's.

My comps at like 3400+ speeds and is in the 30's with my setup.

·
Registered
329 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by tw33k2514
ok so i love my AMD Athlon 3200+ but herse the weird thing i have 5 80MM case fans 2 front 2 rear and one side and ovcourse my Heatsink but my computer always is running at 49-51C i dont get it the only time i can ever get the thing down to like 40-45 is if i have the window open in 10 degree weather what am i doing wrong!!! ???
Which ones are intake and which ones are exhaust?

·
Overclocking since 1998
931 Posts
Do you mean the motherboard temp is 49-51C? Or the CPU temp?

If its the latter than that's not unusual. If your case temp is 50C then you have problems and you must not be blowing your fans the correct way. Usually people have fans sucking in from the front and blowing out the back. They should all be blowing in roughly the same direction.

·
Premium Member
4,555 Posts
Hey your problem is the heatsink. That heatsink is no improvement over the stockone. The fan sucks, and so does the heatsink desing.

If you want a decent heatsink for cheap get the Thermaltake Volcano 12. It's way bigger than that heatsink, made of all copper, comes with a fan controller, and the fan on it pushes more than twice the amount of air your current one does.

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
Bro, I hate to break it to you, but your heatsink BLOWS big time. You need a Thermalright Si-97 and a nice 92mm Delta fan. Spread some arctic silver 5 on the core, snap this heatsink on and you will see your temps drop to around ambient. Right now your temps are out of controll!! 50*C is way to high for a Barton running at stock speeds.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts