Overclock.net banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Banned
7,501 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just received my motherboard today (in sig). It has no cooling over the mobo MOSFET chips. It has 2 installation holes to install an aftermarket heatsink over them though. Can someone recommend me a specific heatsink for this? Your recommendations would be GREATLY appreciated.

·
Registered
5,275 Posts

·
Registered
824 Posts
I could make you one if you want. Nothing as fancy as the thermalrights though.

·
Banned
7,501 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by arekieh View Post
one of these?
http://www.thermalright.com/new_a_pa...et_cooler.html
I don't think those would work? The installation pins on all those are in an awkward place at each end of the heatsinks. Example: http://www.pcbulb.com/images/thermal.../hr-09t4-3.jpg

Could I just apply thermal tape to the bottom of them and stick on -- ditching the screws? Sorry if this is noob-like in nature, I've never had to deal with this issue before, and just not up-to-speed I guess on mosfet cooling.

·
Registered
824 Posts
Give me the measurement between the caps and I'll fab one up and post some pics. Then you can decide if you want it. They cost me nothing but time to make and I have time aplenty.

·
Banned
7,501 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by t_russell View Post
Give me the measurement between the caps and I'll fab one up and post some pics. Then you can decide if you want it. They cost me nothing but time to make and I have time aplenty.
Got an example / link of some that you've done already ?

·
Registered
824 Posts
No they are all at work and I can't take a camera in there. I don't go in until Saturday but I can grab one and bring it home. Just as easy to go in a couple of hours early and do one that would fit your board. Costs you nothing. I can try to get pics of some of the other stuff I have done as well. Fuel tubes for a quad carb Honda magna, retention brackets, and the like.

·
Banned
7,501 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by t_russell View Post
No they are all at work and I can't take a camera in there. I don't go in until Saturday but I can grab one and bring it home. Just as easy to go in a couple of hours early and do one that would fit your board. Costs you nothing.
Ahh that's alright man, I'm sorta shoppin around tonight for stuff and was hoping to have it (mosfet hsf) before the weekend. Appreciate the offer though.

·
Registered
824 Posts
Yeah they take a couple of hours to make. Not an overnight deal unless I am at work already.

·
Registered
2 Posts
t_russell
was running through the threads and notice your post about helping another design/Manf a heatsink.
Are you still in business for this type of project, if so I could use a good CAD/Machinist to form an all Copper- Pin Fin style heatsink for a Supermicro MB C7P67.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.