Overclock.net banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just wondering what opinions people have on either the Zalman CNPS7000-CU vs. the Thermalright XP-90? is heatpipe technology going to provide a significant difference in cooling a p4 2.6 northwood over the all copper Zalman? or should i just stick with the Zalman which seems to be working pretty well.

i currently have the Zalman and run at cpu idle: 38C and load: 49C using Arctic Silver 3 (which i only just put on about 3 days ago so temps may drop a couple still after burn in)

thanks

·
Banned
313 Posts
Many people say the xp-90 with a tornado or xp-120 are two of the best heatsinks on the market today, but if your temps are low like you say, and you arnt looking to overclock too much more, stick with the zalman

·
Premium Member
3,990 Posts
Go slap on a XP-120 with a nice loud Delta
(wow, this is like the 4th time I've said that exact quote in the last two days! lol) You'll get some nice temps, and like you said, you've just overclocked a bit, well with an XP-120 you'll have alot of headroom for going higher and having some nice temps. Just check the website to see if your motherboard is compatible, and if the heatsink is in your price-range.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I agree, don't spend money if you don't have to...

If you are looking to oc higher, the XP-90/120 are great heatsinks. A delta fan, a set of noise cancelling headphones and you are good to go.

Quote:

Originally Posted by SpencerM

Many people say the xp-90 with a tornado or xp-120 are two of the best heatsinks on the market today, but if your temps are low like you say, and you arnt looking to overclock too much more, stick with the zalman

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks for the info guys! i'm gonna stick with the zalman until i'm ready to clock higher.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts