Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,737 Posts
Is that with SLI? If not then that's either shopped or something because my sigrig gets 60fps with those settings.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yvese;15229678
Is that with SLI? If not then that's either shopped or something because my sigrig gets 60fps with those settings.
no its a single gtx 580 and I promise its not fake lol. Maybe you are forcing vsync through the nvidia control panel?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,737 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ratjack;15229691
no its a single gtx 580 and I promise its not fake lol. Maybe you are forcing vsync through the nvidia control panel?
Well you must have an ultra special 580 because everyone elses 580 score within the 50-63 range at those settings and that 580 isn't even clocked high.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yvese;15229772
Well you must have an ultra special 580 because everyone elses 580 score within the 50-63 range at those settings and that 580 isn't even clocked high.
its the EVGA GTX 580 Superclocked edition... dont know if that makes any difference.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by tjbridge;15229863
my 560 hawk at stock has 28.8 min fps using 285.38 drivers
the min start right at the start of it for some reason. then it runs fine... not sure why the small jolt in the beginning. my real minimum should be about 60 or so
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
8,368 Posts
Run it with max tesselation.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,915 Posts
Not too bad. About average for a slight OC 580. Here's mine for comparison, run on the same settings as yours.

heaven.jpg
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,915 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yvese;15229772
Well you must have an ultra special 580 because everyone elses 580 score within the 50-63 range at those settings and that 580 isn't even clocked high.
Keep in mind he ran Heaven 2.1, not 2.5. 2.5 stresses the GPUs a lot more than 2.1 ever did.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,737 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by karmuhhhh;15229996
Keep in mind he ran Heaven 2.1, not 2.5. 2.5 stresses the GPUs a lot more than 2.1 ever did.
Just noticed that.

Was starting to wonder if my 580 was a dud
thinking.gif
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,915 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yvese;15230029
Just noticed that.

Was starting to wonder if my 580 was a dud
thinking.gif
It is totally a dud.

Sell it to me
smile.gif
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
398 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yvese;15229772
Well you must have an ultra special 580 because everyone elses 580 score within the 50-63 range at those settings and that 580 isn't even clocked high.
I can get 68 with my 570 overclocked to my normal using speed of 850mhz, and I can get 71 with my benchmark settings of 950mhz, using 2.1 heaven, so his scores are probably right. It looks like he is just using the default settings at 1080p unless I'm missing something. Mine are also using 2.1 Where do you get 2.5 at, I haven't seen it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by karmuhhhh;15229961
Not too bad. About average for a slight OC 580. Here's mine for comparison, run on the same settings as yours.

heaven.jpg
Quote:
Originally Posted by karmuhhhh;15229996
Keep in mind he ran Heaven 2.1, not 2.5. 2.5 stresses the GPUs a lot more than 2.1 ever did.
wow lol my fault guys.... sorry i did not even know there was a 2.5. I will go download that version now.

also is 920MHz a safe overclock? stable without artifacts?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,737 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by karmuhhhh;15230046
It is totally a dud.

Sell it to me
smile.gif
Haha you wish
tongue.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by bevo;15230088
I can get 68 with my 570 overclocked to my normal using speed of 850mhz, and I can get 71 with my benchmark settings of 950mhz, using 2.1 heaven, so his scores are probably right. It looks like he is just using the default settings at 1080p unless I'm missing something. Mine are also using 2.1 Where do you get 2.5 at, I haven't seen it.
http://www.techpowerup.com/downloads/1961/Unigine_Heaven_DX11_Benchmark_2.5.html
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ratjack;15230161
wow lol my fault guys.... sorry i did not even know there was a 2.5. I will go download that version now.

also is 920MHz a safe overclock? stable without artifacts?
920 is fine as long as voltages and temps are ok which looks like they are
thumb.gif
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,915 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ratjack;15230161
also is 920MHz a safe overclock? stable without artifacts?
For me with my temps? Yup, absolutely. For you? No.

According to your OP, your card is reaching 90 degrees at full load and seems to idle at 60. That's pretty scary. I would either change your cooler, increase the airflow in your case, or both.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,915 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yvese;15230172
Haha you wish
tongue.gif
I'll give you my card +$100!

Oh how I wish I had a lightning
frown.gif
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,987 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by karmuhhhh;15229996
Keep in mind he ran Heaven 2.1, not 2.5. 2.5 stresses the GPUs a lot more than 2.1 ever did.
+1. I was just gonna raise that point.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by karmuhhhh;15230192
For me with my temps? Yup, absolutely. For you? No.

According to your OP, your card is reaching 90 degrees at full load and seems to idle at 60. That's pretty scary. I would either change your cooler, increase the airflow in your case, or both.
what are your temps?

My idle is actually about 45. I had just started afterburner in the middle of running an application so it recorded 60 as the lowest. but like right now im going between 45 and 47

I get 90 at full load since I am running fan on auto. I have a good airflow case (600T). If i set the fan on the GPU to the full 85 then the temps are about 75 at full load. I am just nervous of running the fan on the highest setting.....
 
1 - 20 of 39 Posts
Top