Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 111 Posts

·
Premium Member
16,904 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Quote:
GK110 Nvidia GPU will have a maximum extension 2880 shader cores and consist of a total of 7.1 billion transistors. This was confirmed by Sumit Gupta, who is responsible for the HPC field at Nvidia, in a press interview: So GK110 to a maximum of 15 SMX-clusters, each containing 192 seeds.

Players have to be patient, meanwhile, still, because only 2013 first GeForce card with GK110 graphics chips are delivered.
Source (Translated)
Source

·
Registered
1,896 Posts
is this still a consumer gaming card?

·
Banned
3,607 Posts
That die is intimidating. The shader count isn't too unexpected though.

2013 is definitely a bummer though. I really hope 28nm pricing goes down by then, because I might be looking into getting this sometime next year. Or maybe wait until Maxwell/Whateverislands.

·
FinsUp!
2,227 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Homeles View Post

That die is intimidating. The shader count isn't too unexpected though.
2013 is definitely a bummer though. I really hope 28nm pricing goes down by then, because I might be looking into getting this sometime next year. Or maybe wait until Maxwell/Whateverislands.
I'd put the money towards other parts. You've got a decent graphics card.

·
Banned
3,607 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmac73 View Post

I'd put the money towards other parts. You've got a decent graphics card.
CPU/RAM/Mobo are definitely first. I just would love to never dip below 60 FPS again, lol.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zalcor View Post

Wow, doubling the number of transistors? GTX 580 (3 Billion) -> GTX 680 (3.5 Billion) was only a 17% increase.
The die size on the 680 was also much smaller.

·
Registered
1,583 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zalcor View Post

Wow, doubling the number of transistors? GTX 580 (3 Billion) -> GTX 680 (3.5 Billion) was only a 17% increase.
that's because the Kepler GK104 GPU in the GTX680 is derived from the Fermi GF104/114, ie the GTX460/560.

·
Premium Member
1,254 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrDarkTempler View Post

GK110 will be the TRUE kepler with the TRUE HIgh-End Range Video Card? GTX 7XX series maybe?
very possible. we saw two series of Fermi. i wouldn't expect the elite Kepler to rear its head on previews or reviews until the 8970 begins to do the same... or at the very earliest until the 7990 reviews are out, but havnt seen any confirmed release date on that either...

·
Registered
3,722 Posts
This is crazy. It must be enoooormously expensive or they render all current gen high-end cards useless.

What kind of setup would even use this? 6 screen 1080P per screen on ultra settings 120 fps?

·
Premium Member
4,564 Posts
I came
biggrin.gif
Depending on the core scaling what are we looking at, a 60-80% increase over the 680.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by zosothepage View Post

sounds awesome i just hope that it will have the 512 bit bus and 4/8gb of ram and hey 11520 Cuda cores in 4 way sli
thumb.gif
384 bits bus.

http://www.hardware.fr/news/12298/gtc-nvidia-leve-voile-gk110.html (french)
Quote:
On peut tout d'abord observer la présence de 15 SMX et d'un contrôleur mémoire de 6x 64 bits, soit 384 bits. Nvidia nous a confirmé ces spécifications et précisé que les SMX du GK110 seront également équipés de 192 unités de calcul, comme pour le GK104. Leur nombre total sera donc de 2880
>> 6*64 bits for memory controler confirmed by Nvidia.

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
^Makes sense. The fact that there are High speed GDDR5 available + Kepler can actually use them(unlike Fermi) means that having 512bit + slower GDDR5 would be a waste of die space and adding unnecessary costs.

·
Registered
558 Posts
Going to buy some NVIDIA stock. I'm really impressed with their products and their last earnings release. C'mon, Greece, bring down NVIDIA
smile.gif

1 - 20 of 111 Posts