Overclock.net banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello!!!!
im new here and to tell you the truth i dunno anything about it..
my friend overclocked it and it worked fine
but when i restarted my comp, he didnt put it so it runs when window does so it all went to normal(stock).
i tried to do it my self as i remembered him do it but i ****ed up and my monitor went all blank for hours. had to call hp to fix it.
my comp is AMD Phenom x4 9500 quad proc.
5gig
640mb
9800 gt
and i dont know how to overclock it.. i downloaded the evga precision 1.4.
as of right now..
my core is at 690
shader clock 1725
memory 944
fan 60%.

what is my max i can go up to? anyone help!!! thanks

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
what is artifects of gaming???
and what is ATI TOOLS??
SORRY im very new at this.. apologies..
but can u help with that?

·
Premium Member
19,923 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by sinner491
View Post

what is artifects of gaming???
and what is ATI TOOLS??
SORRY im very new at this.. apologies..
but can u help with that?

Artifacts will show up as aberrations in the rendering (coloured dots or striations).

ATI Tool is a testing tool for GPU's. This utility has that ability to specifically check for artifacting.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ok so Main Features:

- No limits overclocking.
- Finding maximum core and memory overclock by rendering into a Direct3D window and scanning the output for visual artifacts.
- Artifact scanning mode for non-ATI cards - use together with a 3rd party overclocking utility.
- Loading a predefined clock profile on Application/Windows startup.
- Hotkeys that can be used any time to load clocks from a profile.
- 3D application detection (Direct3D 8, Direct3D 9, OpenGL) to overclock your video card only when required.
Artifact scanning part i do not get, "use together with 3rd party overclocking utility???" what does dat mean?

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
atleast leave a helpful comment CHUCK!!
thanks for the reply thoe
which one do i download? the link i tried to download it the one syrillian gave me but it didnt have digital signature.. so i didnt want to risk anything.

ATITOOL .27 beta 4 or beta 3??

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
it has to support the.. 9800 gt. reading alot of comments on different sites about it not supporting vista 64 bit and nvidia card 9800 gt

·
Retired/disabled.
1,935 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Rick Arter
View Post

It all depends on the card they are all different. Just keep raising the core/shader/mem until you get artifacts in games and ATI TOOL test. Nice overclock so far as long as it is stable and cool under 80-90c that is.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Syrillian
View Post

Artifacts will show up as aberrations in the rendering (coloured dots or striations).

ATI Tool is a testing tool for GPU's. This utility has that ability to specifically check for artifacting.

Quote:

Originally Posted by sinner491
View Post

atleast leave a helpful comment CHUCK!!
thanks for the reply thoe
which one do i download? the link i tried to download it the one syrillian gave me but it didnt have digital signature.. so i didnt want to risk anything.

ATITOOL .27 beta 4 or beta 3??

All the answers are there. The main thing is tweak little by little until stable.(No artifacts) Also alot use the ATI but I prefer the Precision.
Use your...User Control Panel (UserCP)tab and fill out your specs for you rig(At top of screen). Once again welcome to OCN...

Chuck D

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
i downloaded ATITool 27 beta 2 and my graphics hard is 9800 gt evga.
i dont know if it supports Nvidia cards but i downloaded it, and my driver is up to date. the only thing working on the ATITOOL is basicly scan for artifect, 3d view , profile , monitor, settings. i cant find my maximum core and memory.. please help me how to use this!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts