Overclock.net banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone,

My name is Kristian (Call me Kris (Chris)).

I am currently employed for a larger International company called Intel as an economist, so naturally I am quite Interested in the world of electronics.

I recently came into contact with the fantastic world of overclocking as I purchased several newer pieces of computer equipment.

I've purchased parts like the Intel I7-4790k and the Gigabyte GTX 970 Gaming G1, and I am now wishing to maybe extend the boundaries of these products by overclocking them.

I seek some guidance for this. Common advice, things to remember and in general a good contact with lots of experience to rely on and be informed by would be greatly appreciated.

Of course I wish to support the community with statistics of my setup and my own knowledge wherever I can, as I greatly support the idea of a community like this.

Best regards,
Kristian.

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
Welcome aboard! Plenty of help available here, so don't hesitate to fire off any questions you might have. Enjoy your stay.
thumb.gif

·
AMD OC'ing Enthusiast
3,107 Posts
Basic rules of overclocking is good case cooling, good component cooling (graphics, processor, motherboard pieces like northbridge and southbridge) and plenty of stress testing tools to verify overclock is stable.

You should be able to find the stress testing thread quite easily, it will mention things like prime95, intel burn test, and memtest. You can use a program called CPU-Z to verify clocks and a somewhat accurate reading of vcore (processor voltage)

It is best to find a guide for your specific processor family, in this case Intel i7. Then you can find reviews and guides with your motherboard, to better figure out what features are present and which ones are what. Some motherboards re-name features, and can make it frustrating at first

Most importantly take your time. You will find it less stressful with learning baby steps rather then clocking really high, and sitting in the dark why it did not work.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you guys for the welcome to the forum, I will be sure to check out all the features and ask whenever I am in doubt
smile.gif

Best regards,
Kristian / Economist for Intel.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts