Overclock.net banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys! I joined here a few months ago but haven't posted until now. My name is Alex and I live in Ontario, Canada, and am currently enrolled in the second year of a video game development program at my college which I really hate. I've been fascinated by computer hardware for years and built my current PC back in September, though I am constantly adding on to it in one form or another. My current specs are:

Corsair 600T SE case (the white one)
Core i7 3770K cpu OC'd to 4.6GHz
Asus Sabertooth Z77 motherboard
8GB 1866MHz Corsair Dominator Platinum ram OC'd to 2200MHz
Corsair H80 cooler
Asus GTX670 DirectCU II OC'd to 1254/6660MHz
eVGA GTX480 for PhysX, which I don't really use for anything productive
Corsair AX750 power supply
1TB WD Black hard drive
128GB Crucial M4 ssd (booting with Windows 7 Pro)

I also have four 120mm Arctic Cooling F12 fans; two of which are push/pull on the H80 and two as exhaust at the top of my case. I'm using the stock 200mm Corsair fan in the front as intake as well. I'm using a Logitech G5 mouse and a Corsair K90 keyboard too. I have two Asus PA238QR IPS monitors, but eventually I'd like to pick up a third one and maybe another GPU so I can have some multi-monitor fun in games. :3

Pretty soon I plan to build a proper water-cooling loop as well, but I'm kinda pained with not being able to find a real waterblock for the Asus DirectCU II cards (there's the EK one, but I've heard not to mix metals?). 4.6GHz is the limit with my H80, and unfortionately I don't have the best chip so it needs a bit more voltage than normal to actually keep it stable at that speed. It runs Prime95 for 14 hours stable and max load temperatures are 90C, so it could be worse I guess. I don't expect a real loop will make a HUGE difference, but I'm doing it mainly for the fun of it, and to play around with aesthetics. I've seen some mods where guys put 360mm radiators in their 600T's and am interested in trying the same thing.

·
Registered
2,207 Posts
Welcome to OCN Alex
thumb.gif
Enjoy your stay bud
biggrin.gif

1 - 4 of 4 Posts