Overclock.net banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
711 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New here, and pretty new to OC'ing. Got a question about my CPU. After updating my bios to the newest version (was having read problems through the bios), I was finally able to hit 4Ghz stable. I ran Prime 95 for a couple hours and my peak temps on my cores ranged from 74 - 76c, while the CPU temp read at 58c. I was wondering if this is alright. I have a Core i7 920 D0 and have read they run a bit hot. When gaming my cores never get above 60c. Thank you in advance!

·
Registered
177 Posts
well if I understand you right, 60c is absolutely fine for pretty much every CPU ever (don't quote me on it
). Do you have any other applications that might use the CPU enought to make it work more than your games?
Congrats on 4Ghz though

Edit: missread your post sorry >.>

·
Registered
711 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks!

I used SpeedFan, Coretemp, Hwmonitor to check the temps, SpeedFan read a good 5 - 7c higher than the others. So, I have no idea what you mean by using it to lower my temps, all my fans in my case are at 100%.

P.S.: Thanks for the rep!

EDIT: Just crashed after an hour or so of Prime 95, clocking back down to 3.8 with a 200MHz boost utility through the bios.

EDIT 2: Back to 4GHz norm with a tad bit more voltage. 1.26875 right now.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.