Welcome to the forums buddy!

·
Initializing...
23,790 Posts
Hey and Welcome to OCN!

·
Registered
416 Posts
Welcome to OCN, don’t be afraid to ask questions, I am new and these guys have been great!!

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Man, been reading and all i have been able to do is create more questions i need to ask lol, i upgraded from the geforce250 to a gtx460
also learned about MSI afterburner and downloaded that and playing with it, this is my first compuer build and my only computer that was not an off the shelf computer that was already 5 years old lol.

Who wants to start helping the newb (me) learn what i can do to get more out of my system.. (my ffxiv runs slow)

·
The Computer Guy
6,488 Posts
welcome to OCN forums and enjoy your stay

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Just read on here that my Graphics card is crap
. guess its time to head back to best buy..
And can someone explain to me what all i am losing since most cards take a PCI 2.0 or higher and my motherboard only has a 1.0..

·
Premium Member
7,860 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bansheetwin360 View Post
Just read on here that my Graphics card is crap
. guess its time to head back to best buy..
And can someone explain to me what all i am losing since most cards take a PCI 2.0 or higher and my motherboard only has a 1.0..
Who told you your card sucked?

Don't buy from best buy before you check for better deals online.

The difference in PCI slots is just the amount of bandwidth available. You should be fine with a GTX460 and 1 PCIe 1.0 x 16 slot.

PCIe 2.0 cards are backwards compatible with PCIe 1.0

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Quote:

Originally Posted by _02 View Post
Who told you your card sucked?

Don't buy from best buy before you check for better deals online.

The difference in PCI slots is just the amount of bandwidth available. You should be fine with a GTX460 and 1 PCIe 1.0 x 16 slot.

PCIe 2.0 cards are backwards compatible with PCIe 1.0
Read it some were on here that galaxy sucks..
Also the ONLY reason i did best buy was cause i wanted a card that day and i bought a cheaper one and then traded it in the next week so basically got a loaner for free lol. (no questions asked 30 day exchange and return)

1 - 20 of 23 Posts