Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Premium Member
14,173 Posts
Hey Nathan, welcome to OCN! In some cases, for crossfire and sli, 10c is about the norm. 20c is a little too hot, but I am not sure since it all depends on case airflow. Ensure you have a proper fan configuration for your rig, and try to cool your GPUs as best as possible. I recommend setting up fan profiles with software such as MSI Afterburner, that will help with temperatures under load.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply!

I'm using MSI afterburner already actually for my overclocking and have set fans to 100%, still I get the 20 degrees celcius difference.

I think It may have something to do with my fan setup. Maybe they are pointing in the wrong directions or something...

I'll post some pics up in a minute!

·
Registered
5,813 Posts
Welcome to OCN fellow Australian!
biggrin.gif

I shall have a look at the airflow on your rig!
biggrin.gif

What cards are you running out of curiosity?

EDIT: I Assume the CPU cooler fans are pointing up?
Just to confirm they're windforce coolers yeah? Put the sidefan as outblowing if so.

·
Registered
453 Posts
Yes, welcome fellow aussie!
If I were you i'd try and remove the cable clutter, as u have alot of HDD's in the way of the intakes, so the cables will further be reducing the airflow to the GPU's.
Also whats the orientation of the side fan?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt-Matt View Post

Welcome to OCN fellow Australian!
biggrin.gif

I shall have a look at the airflow on your rig!
biggrin.gif

What cards are you running out of curiosity?
EDIT: I Assume the CPU cooler fans are pointing up?
Just to confirm they're windforce coolers yeah? Put the sidefan as outblowing if so.
Thanks, Yes they are windforce, they have two big fans on each GFX card. The side fan is blowing towards them.

the CPU fans are blowing against each other (towards the center/up and down). you can see the orientation in the pics. It doesn't fit left-to-right due to the ram cooler being in the way.

·
Registered
453 Posts
Perhaps you could try to have the side fan as an exhaust instead of an intake and test the temperatures then? It would probably be the easiest thing you could do.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thanks for all the welcomes guys!!!

I'll try switching the direction of the side fan when I get home from work!

I guess I'll have to look into water cooling if that doesn't work, what do you think?

I cant tidy up the cabling much more, there are 7 hard drives in there don't forget. My PSU also NOT being modular is also a PITA.

·
Premium Member
8,736 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by randomskate View Post

Thanks for all the welcomes guys!!!
I'll try switching the direction of the side fan when I get home from work!
I guess I'll have to look into water cooling if that doesn't work, what do you think?
I cant tidy up the cabling much more, there are 7 hard drives in there don't forget. My PSU also NOT being modular is also a PITA.
Just a tip for this site... Generally this is a welcome thread, not an advice thread. If you have any questions about your build etc, its encouraged to start your own thread in the relevant section. That way, you get the attention your question deserves
thumb.gif

Welcome again
smile.gif

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sethy666 View Post

Just a tip for this site... Generally this is a welcome thread, not an advice thread. If you have any questions about your build etc, its encouraged to start your own thread in the relevant section. That way, you get the attention your question deserves
thumb.gif

Welcome again
smile.gif
Hey, thanks again for the welcome again, I have created a new thread in the appropriate section to continue this discussion.

Yous can check it out here: http://www.overclock.net/t/1205081/2x-gtx-560-sli-heat-problem#post_16279351

·
Registered
2,157 Posts
OH MAN
Another Australian
tongue.gif

·
Registered
214 Posts
Welcome!
thumb.gif

Which state are you in?
I removed my top hdd cage and stuck a fan inbetween blowing straight into my Gpus
But with 7hhds I dont think that's an option
frown.gif

1 - 20 of 28 Posts