Overclock.net banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all, been in military for awhile and been using laptops for years
medically retired and now out and ready to build and overclock my new system. i7 930, 6 GB Corsair dominator and 5850 ATI in a CM scout sniper case with 750 corsair PSU in the mail
I live in FL, 27/M and i enjoy long PWN sessions on BFBC2, PR, RTS, MMOs, and all the shooters you can throw at me, I enjoy tinkering and pushing things to their max just wanted to say hi in the hello thread to get started, look forward to learning how to maximize the performance of my beautiful new beast, will be updating once everything gets here over this week, thanks in advance with all your help

·
Initializing...
23,786 Posts
Welcome to OCN!

Have fun and enjoy your stay here!

·
Custom User Title
3,652 Posts
Ohai!

I'm from central Florida (Ocala area), always good to have another one of us on the forums

·
Registered
24 Posts
I'm new myself, but I'm also from Florida. I just ordered my new rig today to replace my sig rig, I can't wait.

Welcome from G-ville.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dankebudz
View Post

Hi and welcome to OCN,

First off, sell your cooler and buy a real one lol, second - GIMME YO RAM! Third, I'm down for some BF:BC2.

Thanks For Welcomes,
BC2 is the most demanding game i play, i will see how my system runs that and see how much OCing i need, planning on putting a second 5850 next year, ive heard good and bad things about my v8 cooler, i have to admit the look is what sold me,
i found a home in the Storm Sniper Club, and going through all these I-7 Overclocking guides, see ya around, i'm Near Pensacola FL, Happy Overclocking

·
Registered
104 Posts
Welcome to OCN! Hope you enjoy it here. Looks like you're good to go on setting up everything!

·
Premium Member
10,186 Posts
Hello and welcome to Overclock.net!

You may find it helpful to read the sticky threads located at the top of the New Members page, this should help you get started into the Overclock.net community.

·
Registered
2,258 Posts
Hello from California!
Your choice of case is very... fitting

Thank you for your service to our country as well.

·
Premium Member
5,345 Posts
Welcome!

My buddy is putting together pretty much the EXACT same system as yours, except he's using a Thermalright VenomousX cooler instead of the CM V-8, and I would suggest you do the same. In convos I had last night, I finally realize that my temps are really good for running at load 24/7 for distributed computing (aka folding). Everything I've heard about the CM V-8 has been pretty meh.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts