Overclock.net banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,

I'm from Australia and I'm an on again off again PC person. This time, I'm likely going to be in on mode for a bit.

I've been disqualified from tarmac racing (and the road) and my car has been impounded. Story for a different place. Anyway, this leaves me with a whole lot of time that was initially set aside for my race days, and without a car and license, I'm effectively a grounded sixteen year old.

I work in medical field and my company pays for my PC and the budget is, well... quite generous. It is the cheapest component in our CBCT X-ray, CAD-CAM, Live 3D scanning system. In fact, I get a budget for 2 PCs... one that's fully occupied by the other machines, and one for me to keep as long as it has work software up to date. It's the backup and it has to be component identical.

I decide the spec of the computer and the new round of upgrades is due by August. I've bought a case and I've thought about my components. I've got a CaseLabs S8S as I liked the squarish front fascia. I've decided against an E-ATX as I am married. My footprint outside of the garage has to be kept minimal.

My aim here is to learn how to watercool and cable manage. I'm pretty handy as I do most of the work on my own car.

So, my component list will end up looking as follows

Case: CaseLabs Mercury S8S
Mobo: Asus Rampage VIII Formula
CPU: Intel 6700k
GPU: Asus Strix 980Ti
PSU: Seasonic 1200W Platinum
RAM: no idea yet but most probably Corsair Dominator
Watercooling: EK but no details yet

My other interest
1. Engines connected to wheels
2. Headphones and speakers.

Pretty much anything that makes noise.

Looking forward to lots of productive fun here.

·
Dark and Dropped SUV
4,026 Posts
Definitely seems like you're 16.
It seems as if you are building yourself a PC instead of one for work purposes. What kind of software PC needs watercooling and such high level hardware? Especially with the possibility of it leaking and messing with everything.
It's nice that they pay for your work PC, but it seems to me like it's your dream PC you want at home. But, to each his own.

Otherwise, welcome to OCN. and enjoy your stay.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBalll View Post

Definitely seems like you're 16.
It seems as if you are building yourself a PC instead of one for work purposes. What kind of software PC needs watercooling and such high level hardware? Especially with the possibility of it leaking and messing with everything.
It's nice that they pay for your work PC, but it seems to me like it's your dream PC you want at home. But, to each his own.

Otherwise, welcome to OCN. and enjoy your stay.
The work one is going to be air cooled. The PC components need to be identical. Case, cooling, peripherals can be anything. Watercooling and OCing only being applied to backup/home PC.

Thanks for the welcome.

For a build of my impounded car. See below
smile.gif
(hasn't been updated for a while... sad to think about it).
http://www.vwgolf.net.au/showthread.php?27838-SHOW-s-car-diary-Mk7-R-Wolfsburg-amp-Polo-GTI-6R/page5

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Morning, Sydney.

Thanks for the welcome. Name sounds familiar. OZBargain?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sethy666 View Post

Good morning Melbourne, Sydney checking in!

Welcome to the family
smile.gif

1 - 6 of 6 Posts