Overclock.net banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So here I am. Like some kind of a ****** registering after 10 years of lurking on the OCN!

Little something about me - I'm 29, working IT (of course) - "sysadmin" - computers, networking, communications, electronics. Nothing is past my job description. Salary mostly.
smile.gif

So I've been playing with hardware quite a lot in the not-so-near-past. You can say my prime years were 2004-2008. Then priorities changed and so on. My last rig ran 24/7 with ZERO maintenance for 7 straight years. Aaaand I got rusty on the new hardware.

Some month ago I decided the dual-core opteron in my sig is not enough to push the load. Browsing, movies, some video/photo encoding/chopping. So scavenging the nets and boards I came to the OCN and was not disappointed at all. A lot of helpful info from members.

As I don't play games at all, but would benefit from GPGPU I went for the sig rig - 7700K+Asrock 88X Extreme4+ and 2x4GB GEIL EVO Potenza 2133 CL11, 64GB SSD, 1TB HDD.
Revised the watercooling parts from the last rig - ApogeeGT (should have seen the grin on my face when I realised it's compatible with the FM2+
biggrin.gif
), MCR320 rad and the Laing DDC 1RT-plus (ran for the whole 8 years at half rpm - never failed, still going
biggrin.gif
).
GEIL Potenza gave me the headache to get past 2200 on ANY settings, so I dropped it for the Corsair two days ago. That Vengeance pro simply cannot imagine what horrors await! Same goes for the Kaveri. I'd post pictures of the build on request, as it is not qualifying for true "build log" thread, having to just throw some few irons in the case, lol.
Sad I don't have much time to play with the hardware. Anyway it's going to be tested to the maximum, that is for sure.

I'll be hanging on the AMD Kaveri A10-7850K Overclock Guide. You can check my progress there.
smile.gif

·
Registered
758 Posts
Welcome. That is am impressive run with your dual core opteron, especially since you were obviously and overclocker and into water cooling. I would have thought to upgrade itch would have clobbered you senselessly by now LOL.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by RushiMP View Post

Welcome. That is am impressive run with your dual core opteron, especially since you were obviously and overclocker and into water cooling. I would have thought to upgrade itch would have clobbered you senselessly by now LOL.
LOL, my senses came to me at the right moment, so I stopped the itch. And now coming back I can confirm it - it's for life.
biggrin.gif
Like drugs, but better!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts