Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
q6700 I have
Im a lil worried there to high. According to Real Temp they are all right around 50c

and while playing a game it got up to 71c

Are those to high?

And is Real Temp the best program to use?

Might be worth while to re-do the thermal paste on the cpu you thinK?

Thanks guys
 

·
Not new to Overclock.net
Joined
·
77,943 Posts
Quote:


Originally Posted by miked79
View Post

q6700 I have
Im a lil worried there to high. According to Real Temp they are all right around 50c

and while playing a game it got up to 71c

Are those to high?

And is Real Temp the best program to use?

Might be worth while to re-do the thermal paste on the cpu you thinK?

Thanks guys

Real Temp is one of the best, so it's all good.

If 50°C is the idle temperature, then Real Temp may be calibrated incorrectly for the Q6700. The Tj. Max for the Q6700 is closer to 90°C, so click Real Temp's Settings button and then click "Set TJ Max" and change it to 90°C.

Also, is your CPU overclocked at all?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thank you for the reply.

No it is not. Its just the way it came.

does those temps sound high to you? or is it ok?

Thanks!

and setting it like that lowered it by 10c ....Now it matches up with what SpeedFan was telling me .
 

·
Not new to Overclock.net
Joined
·
77,943 Posts
Quote:


Originally Posted by miked79
View Post

thank you for the reply.

No it is not. Its just the way it came.

does those temps sound high to you? or is it ok?

Thanks!

They are higher than I would expect for 100% stock. So, Real Temp may be calibrated incorrectly for the Q6700. The Tj. Max for the Q6700 is closer to 90°C.

So, click Real Temp's Settings button and then click "Set TJ Max" and change it to 90°C.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Quote:


Originally Posted by TwoCables
View Post

They are higher than I would expect for 100% stock. So, Real Temp may be calibrated incorrectly for the Q6700. The Tj. Max for the Q6700 is closer to 90°C.

So, click Real Temp's Settings button and then click "Set TJ Max" and change it to 90°C.


Did. Now the temp readings match up with that of SpeedFan. Idleing now at 40c.
 

·
Not new to Overclock.net
Joined
·
77,943 Posts
Quote:


Originally Posted by miked79
View Post

Did. Now the temp readings match up with that of SpeedFan. Idleing now at 40c.

40°F is a bit more of a normal idling temperature for quads. It's still a little bit higher than I would expect, but this reading is more reasonable. This isn't to say that SpeedFan is the software by which to judge the reading, but it's evidence that SpeedFan is using a Tj. Max of 90°F.

What's your room temperature like? Would you say it's like 70°F, 75°F, 80°F or what?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Quote:


Originally Posted by TwoCables
View Post

40°F is a bit more of a normal idling temperature for quads. It's still a little bit higher than I would expect, but this reading is more reasonable. This isn't to say that SpeedFan is the software by which to judge the reading, but it's evidence that SpeedFan is using a Tj. Max of 90°F.

What's your room temperature like? Would you say it's like 70°F, 75°F, 80°F or what?

Its 78F in here right now.
FYI I keep the computer in thee lil cubbie spot on the computer desk. So perhaps not alot of air flow around there.
 

·
Not new to Overclock.net
Joined
·
77,943 Posts
Quote:


Originally Posted by miked79
View Post

Its 78F in here right now.
FYI I keep the computer in thee lil cubbie spot on the computer desk. So perhaps not alot of air flow around there.

Yeah, having a computer in a desk hole is not good. And combining that with 78°F kinda makes it worse.

But hey, at least the temps aren't like 80°C or 90°C or something while you're gaming. hehe These current temperatures you're getting are very safe.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
ahh good good! Thanks for your help!
Perhaps Ill set it up on the desk to let it breathe a bit.

 

·
Not new to Overclock.net
Joined
·
77,943 Posts
Quote:


Originally Posted by miked79
View Post

ahh good good! Thanks for your help!
Perhaps Ill set it up on the desk to let it breathe a bit.



If you do that, then get a side panel window and some interior lights.
 

·
Not new to Overclock.net
Joined
·
77,943 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
971 Posts
Dude, those temps are pretty damn high...
I would recommend complaining to the manufacturer, or if you think that you may have something to do with the problem, check the voltages that are set and try under volting it
 

·
Not new to Overclock.net
Joined
·
77,943 Posts
Check out the other posts in this thread, stinky.
(there are only 11 others)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Quote:


Originally Posted by TwoCables
View Post

Oh man, that thing deserves to be on display in your room!



It is pretty!
 

·
Not new to Overclock.net
Joined
·
77,943 Posts
If you stick it up on top of your desk, then it could be a distraction while gaming. You might be like "Man, I love looking at this thing - OH CRAP I DIED!". hehehe
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
hehe It is true Twocables! Im distracted easily by pretty lights!


THanks for the advice guys. But if these are acceptable temps. I think im gonna just leave well enough alone
 

·
Not new to Overclock.net
Joined
·
77,943 Posts
Quote:


Originally Posted by Calexan
View Post

hmm imo it wouldn't wouldn't hurt to reseat HSF & re apply TIM

just in case
just my two cents though..

But Real Temp was using a Tj. Max of 100°C which is about 10°C higher than what it actually is. Plus his rig is in a desk hole.

Quote:


Originally Posted by miked79
View Post

hehe It is true Twocables! Im distracted easily by pretty lights!


THanks for the advice guys. But if these are acceptable temps. I think im gonna just leave well enough alone


Yeah, these are very normal temperatures, especially considering the rig is in a desk hole.


(I'm distracted by pretty lights too - I think it's the strangest thing)
 
  • Rep+
Reactions: miked79

·
Registered
Joined
·
98 Posts
i was just saying couldn't hurt if he tried..

& about those darn Led lights that makes 3 of us..
thats why my desktop is under my table & i remove all the led lights
of the fan in front ;P very darn distracting
 
1 - 20 of 25 Posts
Top