Overclock.net banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First of all i want to say hi and thank you for this forum. A couple of days ago the thought came to my mind to upgrade my PC (now that Cataclysm is coming
) but then i sad to myself why don't overclock it; so i did. I have an Intel e2140 (1.6Ghz) CPU with Foxconn MB, model 945G7AD-8EKRS2H, 2Gb Kingston DDR2 PC2-5300 at 667 (although CPU-Z say they are running at 333MHz), Gigabyte 8500 GT and WD500.

The first problem that i encountered was that i couldn't do nothing from BIOS; every change that i make to CPU FSB or voltage is forgotten after i save and exit BIOS. This is quite annoying because i have to manually overclock it each time i enter windows with the MB software Fox-One.

The other problem is that i can't go over 266 FSB (2126 Mhz); if i cross that, PC freezes and i have to stop powering it, wait for about 1 min and turn it on. In the Fox-One i have DRAM frequency witch is normal at 667 and after i rise the FSB to 266 it gets 886 Mhz (when i bought the RAM it sad 667MHz).

If you have any ideas to how to improve my situation (the Mhz) or how to solve the problems mentioned above i'd gladly accept them. Thanks.

P.S. When i first overclocked the FSB, the CPU temperature was about 70-75 Celsius in MB software and arround 85 Celsius in CoreTemp32 software, quite bad i thought but after 1 or 2 days and after some reading i cleaned my CPU cooler (haven't been cleaned for 2 years since i bought the PC) and the temps now are 35-40 in MB softw and arround 45-50 in RealTemp32; this was after 15min of full load so if you don't clean your cooler you better

·
Initializing...
23,790 Posts
Greetings to OCN!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts