Overclock.net banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I read the Sandy Bridge-E comprehensive guide, but seeing as I am a moron I need someone to walk me through it in layman terms.

I want a stable overclock for gaming and constant everyday use, as this is my main rig. I have decent cooling (I think?) and my ambient temp is around 55-60 since its cool in this house.

Specs are below in the signature. Can someone help me out?

Some BIOS screenshots:

3D BIOS Menu - Frequency
ghw7GK5.png
3D BIOS Menu - Voltage
0KIYTNd.png
Regular BIOS Menu - M.I.T. Main Page
b0sBVfi.png
Regular BIOS Menu - M.I.T. Advanced Frequency Settings
iOm2HGV.png
Regular BIOS Menu - M.I.T. Advanced Frequency Settings - Advanced CPU Core Settings
b6a4abu.png
Regular BIOS Menu - M.I.T. CPU Core Voltage Control
QSEeflB.png

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Added some screenshots. Also, I think I'm reading that to get a small overclock I just have to raise my multiplier to 40-42? But what about voltage? Confused...

Also, why does it show my CPU frequency to be 3.20 GHz in the 3D Bios Frequency Page, but on the M.I.T summary page it shows it to be at 3500 MHz? But then when I go INTO the M.I.T menu for advanced frequency my frequency is shown at 3.2 GHz again, which one do I believe? Take a look for yourself in the previous post and tell me I'm not crazy, lol. Is it because of the Auto-Turbo (Advanced CPU Core Settings screenshot)?

So yeah, if anyone could walk me through a safe overclock I'd REALLY appreciate it :] I wanna learn how all this works!

-Brutal

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hate to bump my own thread :/ but after two days I've gotten zero feedback.

Everything is set to default and I've bumped up the multiplier to 40x. Still looking on how to to overclock higher, what voltage to use, what automatic settings should be enabled/disabled, etc. Refer to first post for BIOS screenshots.

Maybe someone will see this :/

-Brutal

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hello, 4.8 ghz is nice but temps could be high for your @ air fan.

1- change the clock ratio to 48

2- go to cpu vcore change it to 1.450 "its safe dont worry"

3- save and restart

with such clocking your temps should be around 40c-69c.

try and let me know
smile.gif

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'd rather stay at 4.5. I'd I can somehow be stable at 4.5 under 1.4 volts that's my matter plan and ultimate goal.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts