Overclock.net banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Tʜᴇ Sᴡᴏʀᴅ Aɴᴅ Fᴀɪᴛʜ
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello OCN,
I've used this forum as a resource for technical information for a very long time due to the depth of detail usually available in threads here. Everything from OC settings to in depth cooler/fan combination comparisons the likes of which are seldom seen anywhere else on the net. Thanks to OCN I know more about tech, have been able to make, and help others make more informed purchasing decisions when building. Hats off to you guys, this place really rocks.

After years of lurking I decided to join up for a few reasons:
I am currently stepping into the content space in the form of streaming and podcasting where I will seek to do content in a similar vein to what you might find on the forums here: Discussion and review of hardware on a level of extreme detail. Being a part of this community I think will help me in my goals to create such content, and may interest others here at OCN.
In addition, OCN has been a great resource for me and others I've introduced to it, and I'd like to contribute what I can based off the experience I have.

For a little bit of backround I've been building since I was 13, where I promptly fried my first motherboard due to a lack of standoffs. Thankfully my subsequent builds were not marred with much in the way of mistakes or puffs of magic smoke, and I continued building and helping others with the design and assembly of their own builds for the past 12+ years. I'm a lifelong gamer, primarily based in the RTS genre, but I like to branch out to everything from RPGs to FPSs on occasion depending on the mood I'm in. I'm a staff member and contributor over at Staredit.net where I've become the resident Tech forum guru, as well as being a member and reader of Anandtech for over 10 years. I have a deep love for all things hardware, and rather than the surface level benchmarks I love going behind the data and getting the deeper answers behind the numbers. AT articles on architectural improvements in the CPU/GPU space, JG's PSU reviews showing everything down to the board, or an OCN thread comparing VRM designs on different X299 boards are all things I could spend hours reading into. Currently I work in the IT space at a small size company, but I'm hoping I can transition into content full time in the next couple of years. My stream/podcast launch will be sometime in the next two weeks, and I couldn't be more excited.

See you in the threads,
-Ex

·
Dark and Dropped SUV
4,025 Posts
One of the longer intros I've seen on here.
Very cool that you've been building since you were 13. Definitely shows you have the experience and should be able to help plenty of people here.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts