Overclock.net banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everrybody!

Just finished putting together a brand new, custom computer (first build) and it turns out, my 148's 2.2GHz is no where near good enough for me! I ran nVidia's nTune, but that seems like cheating, and also the specs it sets never stay after I reboot =/

nTune set me up a bit over 2550MHz, but currently I'm at 2420 with 220x11 that I set myself, woohoo!

I'm still very confused about all of the options in the BIOS, there's about twice as many as my 6-year old Intel bios had so I'm not going to push the OC very far (but tonight I will go for 228x11 to get over 2.5GHz) and after that I'm going to dig into the reading to figure out what the deal is with the HTT, ram timings, voltage.. and all the other complicated crap I havent heard of or forgot about.

P.S. What's the deal with Opteron's here.. some people love them, some people hate them. Are they a fad? I did all the research and purchasing of my computer in a 2 or 3 week info blitz and bought my Opteron 148 over a 3700+ (originally I was going to get a 3200+ lol) just a day or two before the prices went up.

·
Registered
2,411 Posts
good job, just keep experimenting and reading

·
Premium Member
45,674 Posts
Hi and WELCOME

Get those posts/questions flowing... I see a ton of OC potential!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts