Overclock.net banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For the last couple of weeks I've been in the process of window-shopping a most epic gaming computer, of bankrupt proportion (or rather as far as my last paycheck would allow), and I finally did the deed and clicked the "purchase" button.

As you can see my system specs, it's pretty nice, but not the GREATEST.

I don't really want or need the greatest... unless I had twelve (12) 30inch high-def monitors, then the greatest would do me just fine.

I've been in the computer world since 6th grade, and have always been interested in gaming and general know-how since then. I purchased my first computer in 1998, and after doing a few upgrades, I said "screw the man, I'll build them myself!", and have been ever since.

My current rig is about 5 years old, but it feels like 10.
AMD Athlon 64 4000+, 3GB ram, and terrible software crossfire (Sapphire X1650 Pros X2).

It was time for a change. So I set my order on NewEgg, and after looking at a lot of gaming reviews, I kept hearing over and over about overclocking this and that, and how great the frames people were getting! I was feeling pretty left out, so I've made my decision to give it a shot, maybe bump my new 965 to a higher stable, and possibly give my graphics card a little nudge too. (I may not need it though).

I've browsed through this site quite a bit, and I am very impressed with the knowledge everyone has brought to the table.

I know jack-squat about overclocking. (I've stayed away because I was too skeered to screw my stuff up!)

But I think with a little more reading, and the tips and insight of the fellow gamers/performance guru's, I just might be able to hit that sweet spot, and have a smooth machine I can actually be proud of!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks!

@ macca_dj: I'm crossing my fingers that everything comes in within tip-top shape. Unfortunately UPS sucks sometimes with shipments.

·
Initializing...
23,786 Posts
Hello and welcome to OCN!

·
Dark and Dropped SUV
4,026 Posts
Hello and welcome to the forums. Good luck with your overclock when the time comes.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts