Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
coz' I have no enough budget to buy GTX460,
I've listed a list of latest released GTS 450 I'm interested,
can U guys give me some advice which card to buy, thanks a lot.

GIGABYTE GTS450 OC 1G

ELITEGROUP GTS450 1G

MSI GTS450 Cyclone 1G

If U ask me why I choose these cards,
I only can tell U that the cards listed above all have good looks,
haha, It's kinda funny reason I know...

·
Registered
3,009 Posts
I didn't know HIS made Nvidia cards. Am I missing something? Have I been under a rock?

Personally, I'd save a little more and get a 5770. Or a little more than that and get at least a 768mb 460. If you can hold off until then, you'd be much happier in the long run. Just my 2 cents.

EDIT: I agree with Redwoodz, if I were to buy one of these, it would likely be the ASUS. Or the EVGA if it has a lifetime warranty.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hey, I just forgot to post my system devices
MB
55A-UD4P
CPU:i5-750
RAM:VIPER DDR3 2000MHZ (8-8-8-24)
PSU:ENERMAX 625W 82plus

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Quote:

Originally Posted by pursuinginsanity
View Post

I didn't know HIS made Nvidia cards. Am I missing something? Have I been under a rock?

Personally, I'd save a little more and get a 5770. Or a little more than that and get at least a 768mb 460. If you can hold off until then, you'd be much happier in the long run. Just my 2 cents.

EDIT: I agree with Redwoodz, if I were to buy one of these, it would likely be the ASUS. Or the EVGA if it has a lifetime warranty.

uh sorry, I've made a big mistake, it's ELITEGROUP....

actually I've found that Calibre has a card almost the same as ELITEGROUP...

·
Registered
3,009 Posts
That explains a lot.

Not to be hard on you, but buying a particular card just because it has a nice sticker on it is rather pointless. In a normal ATX case you'll only ever see the back of the circuit board anyway. That's just falling for marketing gimicks. Buy a card because of the performance, not the sticker. You'll be looking at what's on the monitor, not the bottomend of your case.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks a lot, maybe I need to hold for few weeks observing how prices of those cards going on. 5770 is not in my considered list cause I prefer NV's more, haha.

·
Registered
3,009 Posts
Well, the 460 is the one I go for if it were me buying a card right now. I'm using an ATI because I bought it ~8 months before the 460 was even released.

You can get a 768mb 460 GTX for around 170 USD. What screen resolution are you playing at?

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
22-inch 1680x1050, but I wanna change it to a 27-inch LCD screen, some say that 1G memory would be better, now I'm considered GIGABYTE GTX460 OC 1G, their Ultra Durable sounds good for long-time use.

·
Registered
3,009 Posts
It's not the "inches" that matter, but the pixels. The resolution. 1680 x 1050 would be fine to run on a 768mb. Even at 1080p you should be ok, but that's pushing it.

More memory *is* better, but I was trying to consider your budget. And at 1680 x 1050 you will be just fine with either one. By all means, if you can afford it, get the 1GB version.

I've never used a Gigabyte-branded GPU. I can't say whether they're quality or not.

·
lAptOp jUnKie
4,632 Posts
I t would be best to have more patience and save a little more money for the GTX 460. You will not regret it, especially since you're thinkin' about increasing your display to 27"
Besides, the GTX 460 will give you better performance at 1680x1050 and if you increase to 27", gaming at 1920x 1200 will be so much pleasant with that GTX 460.

·
Old to Overclock.net
4,088 Posts
You need to get the ECS with the arctic cooler twin turbo pro on it! In a recent test at guru3d it had the lowest temps and OC'd pretty well too! Plus it's really quiet! I also liked the Sparkle (purple pimpin) card, same arctic cooling twin turbo!

http://www.guru3d.com/article/geforc...view-roundup/1

EDIT: If you have the money though might as well get the GTX 460! WIll beat the 450 by a lot!

·
Premium Member
6,985 Posts

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Ha, U guys great minds think alike. Sounds like GTX460 beats GTS450 a lot, so saving more money would be the better choice instead of buying a GTS450 right now. But if NV releases new driver for GTS450, will it performs better than now we've seen?

·
Old to Overclock.net
4,088 Posts
When Nvidia does release the new drivers it means the gtx 460 will also get a performance boost nulyfying the gains on the gts 450

·
Registered
2,847 Posts
gigabyte or msi for 3 years warranty

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by drBlahMan View Post
I t would be best to be more patience and save a little more money for the GTX 460. You will not regret it, especially since you're thinkin' about increasing your display to 27"
Besides, the GTX 460 will give you better performance at 1680x1050 and if you increase to 27", gaming at 1920x 1200 will be so much pleasant with that GTX 460.
^^^^^That.
I dunno about the US, but over here in Australia the average diff between the 450 and 460 is like $80. You'll regret not getting the better performing 460 once you get that monitor upgarde.

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by to_the_zenith View Post
...I dunno about the US...
Does the US have something similar to our Staticice which is a specific web searcher just for PC components to find the best prices?

1 - 20 of 23 Posts