Overclock.net banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello to u all, im new at this over clocking thing so im guna see if i can get some help from u guys!.....i have a crapy compaq around and i was wondering if i could oc it ?? ..it a p2 266 with mmx ,128 megs o ram lol and a 3.4 gig wow huh!!
 

·
Linux Guru
Joined
·
5,734 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Floyd19
Hello to u all, im new at this over clocking thing so im guna see if i can get some help from u guys!.....i have a crapy compaq around and i was wondering if i could oc it ?? ..it a p2 266 with mmx ,128 megs o ram lol and a 3.4 gig wow huh!!
Welcome to the Forum!!

Sorry, but with conpaq and other proprietary manufacturers they have the OCing ability disabled on the motherboards, you can post you mobo information and we can investigate for you.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
2,363 Posts
welcoem to the forum!!!!!!!!!!!

yeah you cant really oc manufactored pc unless you use a tool like clockgen or others but i think it would be a waste you should probaly upgrade your system!!!!!!!!!!!get a AMD
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,248 Posts
Welcome to the Forum!!!
Yes, you definately should get an AMD, otherwise ur pretty much out of luck for OCing.
 

·
Linux Guru
Joined
·
5,734 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Zeus
Welcome to the forums
With all of you guys ranting about AMDs we should get AMD to sponsor this site.
 

·
Linux Guru
Joined
·
5,734 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by ThE_GeNeRaL
i hope so!!!!!!!!!!we should contact amd and ask them!!!!!!!!!!
Why not seek corperate sponsorship for our site?
If we can get them and a mobo manufacturer to agree to it we would try to egt one CPU and one MObo per month that can given as prizes on the site, and the winner can write reviews as to the reliability and performance of the parts. Also another possible benefit is we would be able to have them as affiliates or sponsor in which we can have a link to their site and them a link to our site for additional advertising.
 

·
Linux Guru
Joined
·
5,734 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Floyd19
Hello to u all, im new at this over clocking thing so im guna see if i can get some help from u guys!.....i have a crapy compaq around and i was wondering if i could oc it ?? ..it a p2 266 with mmx ,128 megs o ram lol and a 3.4 gig wow huh!!
Sorry about changing the subject, you are welcome to become an active memeber of our community, and I do agree with the others, if you would like to overclock I recommend upgrading your mobo and cpu(AMD).
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,052 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by zokus
Welcome to the Forum!!!
Yes, you definately should get an AMD, otherwise ur pretty much out of luck for OCing.
Dont listen to all the AMD fans with their 10% or so overclocks, go Intel and get some REAL overclocks.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
7,110 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by gibant1
Dont listen to all the AMD fans with their 10% or so overclocks, go Intel and get some REAL overclocks.
Welcome

It dosent matter what CPU - that you use your god given right to choose. WE will be glad to help you delve into the relm of Overclocking.


At your service.

Crash
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,052 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by blob
Amd can overclock better, you just have a Mach II

I did get 20% on air. And Road_Star, a new overclocker to our clan has his Pentium 4 EE @ 3.9Ghz on air.

My aquamark over 78k, Road_Star's 80k

Why bother with AMD's?

Unless of course your skint!
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
7,110 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by gibant1
I did get 20% on air. And Road_Star, a new overclocker to our clan has his Pentium 4 EE @ 3.9Ghz on air.

My aquamark over 78k, Road_Star's 80k

Why bother with AMD's?

Unless of course your skint!
Well I sure as hell dont want to be "skint" (*** is that)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,248 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by gibant1
Dont listen to all the AMD fans with their 10% or so overclocks, go Intel and get some REAL overclocks.
10 percent when you have crappy mobo and ram, otherwise the sky isn't even the limit
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,052 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Crash
Well I sure as hell dont want to be "skint" (*** is that)
Sorry it's a colloquialism.... Skint = Short of cash
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,052 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by zokus
10 percent when you have crappy mobo and ram, otherwise the sky isn't even the limit
So what's your "sky's isn't the limit overclock?"..... about 12%?
 
1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Top