Overclock.net banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Master of Black Snow
19,338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all. I'm new here and in the middle of my 1st real build.

I have
HAF 932
ASUS DV+R
Hitachi TB SATA3
OCZ ModXstream 500w PSU

currently running on borrowed MoBo CPU and RAM so I won't go into details there since in a month or so I'll be upgrading to

ASUS M4A89GTD PRO AM3 Board
AMD Phenom II x4 965 Deneb
G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 2000(only 2 Gig on board so long as I continue to run XP upgrading to 16 Gig when I get Win7 onboard.
CM V10 CPU Cooler to flesh it all out.

I also plan on upgrading my PSU for a few 100 more watts as well. I actually got my PSU for free as part of a Combo deal from Newegg. I bought the OCZ Sabre gaming KB for $68 bucks after rebates and instant $100 discount. Can't beat free imho.

I've already sprayed the inside of my case satin black. Unfortunately CM was stingy with the Red LED fans. In blue you get 3. In Red you get a lone single Red 230. Let's just say it's dark as a medieval dungeon with the door on since the LED fan is up front of the HDD rack.

I'm kind of annoyed with CM at the moment. I have a parts request in with them and they've been sitting on it for 2 weeks now. My Power/HDD lights are DOA. They know about it and I've spoken with the guy about it 3 times now. If they don't send me an email about it today I'm going to box the whole thing up and send it to them with a note on what they can do with it. I'm not appreciating the down time. It put a screaming halt on my build.

I wouldn't be so angry but not only are my LEDs' DOA, my USBs' are 180'd(don't know if this is normal for CM cases this is 2nd and the other one is same) and the stingyness on the LEDs' when the other case has 3 blues is extremely annoying since I paid full price for the HAF 932 and $35 shipping.

Anyway Cin Cin all.

~Ceadder

·
Master of Black Snow
19,338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by Juggalo23451
View Post

Welcome to OCN
PLs fill out all you specs in USER CP then click on add system

Okay I'm lost for the moment. Still n00b level. How do I go about doing that?

~Ceadder

·
Banned
1,545 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ceadderman
View Post

Okay I'm lost for the moment. Still n00b level. How do I go about doing that?

~Ceadder

Click on User CP at the top then choose Add System from the box of things on the left.

·
Master of Black Snow
19,338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by sosikwitit
View Post

Click on User CP at the top then choose Add System from the box of things on the left.

Thanks. I'll be updating it once I get my system finished.

I just need CM to pull their heads out of their butts so I can get this thing started again. Building my system with tax and school funds.

~Ceadder

·
Premium Member
10,193 Posts
Hello and welcome to Overclock.net!

You may find it helpful to read the sticky threads located at the top of the New Members page, this should help you get started into the Overclock.net community.

·
Master of Black Snow
19,338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks. I'm pretty knowledgeable about posting rules so I should be okay. I'm a veteran poster in alot of respects.

Only hope I can contribute what little knowledge I have to the rest of the group in a positive manner.

~Ceadder

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sin100
View Post

Hello and welcome to Overclock.net!

You may find it helpful to read the sticky threads located at the top of the New Members page, this should help you get started into the Overclock.net community.

·
Initializing...
23,794 Posts
Hey and welcome to OCN!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts