Overclock.net banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My name's Val, and I'm a long-time lurker, first-time member. I have some experience with computer hardware, in that I've built several PCs for myself, friends, and family. So far they were nothing too fancy, ranging from basic, low cost home-use PCs to mid-range gaming rigs for friends. I've got some stuff for a case upgrade on the way in the mail, so I have that to look forward to. Even though I've only done easy stuff so far, I still find people who are baffled by the idea of a girl assembling a computer. I'd love to get into some more involved case modding, but unfortunately tools + supplies = money. Being a low-income college student, that's kind of a problem. Looking forward to my tax refund, though.

I'm here mostly to learn more about computer hardware as well as get ideas for future case mods. I've already got a low-cost idea or two for when I get my new case, so we'll see how that goes. If it comes out well, I'll post it.

·
Registered
3,076 Posts
Welcome to the forums! College is a pain in the A sometimes. And yes, sorry but I'm going to be ignorant, but after watching my sister trying to put together a pc I died a little on the inside.

·
Registered
3,076 Posts
Yeah I mean eventually she got it. It would be like her teaching me how to do make up or hair styling. It just can't turn out good no matter how you look at it

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah, I know the feeling. The application of cosmetics is a foreign concept to me as well. I'm much better with tools than a makeup brush.

·
Registered
3,076 Posts
Oh snap, let me go grab an engagement ring real quick.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts