Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

(pic of my new non-functional rig)

I've had my new system up for about a week or so and been having MAD Fan problems running games. My frame rate is high enough to run some games but it looks like some frames got shot with a buck shot at times and GRAW 2 crashes like its a sport.

Then there's Crysis. Only with nhancer I can get it to run in 1200-1000res with AAx2 and my frame rate runs between 50-30-5 FPS depending on whats going on. I cant run near the ice FPS will drop to 16-1.5

My temps at load are between 65-72 with the fan at 100%

I've uninstalled and reinstalled every driver that supports my GX2. As of now I'm using the 180 beta. The 178 driver hit me with errors saying "Your running a 32 bit uninstaller on a 64 bit system" then errors again with, Your OS is not windows 64 bit, installer will now exit.

This was worse. My system crashed 3-5 times a day, I flashed my BIOS and updated my chipset and the blue screens stopped. That was yesterday.

Any Ideas?

·
Registered
3,511 Posts
Make sure you installed everything correctly.
Chipset drivers
video drivers (sounds like you downloaded 32 bit vista drivers.)
Make sure you have sp1

With that monitor you should run 1680x1050, id take the aa off and up the res, it will look better, with better performance.

Check over your post, some things I cant understand due to typos and such.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have SP1 for Vista 64 and downloaded the right version of drivers. I've tried more then a few.

The 1200-1000res with AAx2 was the highest setting I could even run, even running in 1200-700res without AA it looks runs like crap. + when I scope in frames drop like a rock and quick action drops FPS to about 5.

·
Registered
3,282 Posts
I must say that every gx2 that i have installed requires a motherboard BIOS update. Make sure that is updated and also your Chipset drivers. With my P5k deluxe i was getting crashes, slow fps and all kinds of problems but the newes BIOS fixed ALL THE PROBLEMS. BTW running crysis with any AA at all DRASTICALLY reduces frame rates for some reason on this card. Crysis kills

·
Registered
3,282 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by vailspartan
View Post

I have SP1 for Vista 64 and downloaded the right version of drivers. I've tried more then a few.

The 1200-1000res with AAx2 was the highest setting I could even run, even running in 1200-700res without AA it looks runs like crap. + when I scope in frames drop like a rock and quick action drops FPS to about 5.

Try upping the RES to your default monitor 1680x1050 NoAA and start from there. There is definately something holding your card back but im not sure what but most likely a chipset or driver issue. Check and make sure your Gx2 is running at the full x16 PCI-E speed and not x1 or x8. Ive seen a bunch of people that realized they were only running a fraction of the bus speed they were suppose to be.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Flashed my BIOS and updated my chipset yesterday. It stopped the blue screen but that's about it. There's been no change with games.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Quote:

Originally Posted by jrharvey View Post
Try upping the RES to your default monitor 1680x1050 NoAA and start from there. There is definately something holding your card back but im not sure what but most likely a chipset or driver issue. Check and make sure your Gx2 is running at the full x16 PCI-E speed and not x1 or x8. Ive seen a bunch of people that realized they were only running a fraction of the bus speed they were suppose to be.
Good idea'

·
Registered
3,282 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by vailspartan View Post
Good idea'
Like i said earlier, AA kills this card for some odd reason ESPECIALLY CRYSIS. I mean I can run AA in alot of other games like HL2, Assasins creed, COD and stuff like that but in more demanding games it just shoots out half the frame rates. Im guessing you do have SLI enabled right?

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Just ran Crysis in 1680x1050 no AA, there was no change. Nvidia is telling me SLI is enabled but it seems like I'm only running one card. Where do I find the Bus speed?

·
Registered
2,820 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by vailspartan View Post

(pic of my new non-functional rig)

I've had my new system up for about a week or so and been having MAD Fan problems running games. My frame rate is high enough to run some games but it looks like some frames got shot with a buck shot at times and GRAW 2 crashes like its a sport.

Then there's Crysis. Only with nhancer I can get it to run in 1200-1000res with AAx2 and my frame rate runs between 50-30-5 FPS depending on whats going on. I cant run near the ice FPS will drop to 16-1.5

My temps at load are between 65-72 with the fan at 100%

I've uninstalled and reinstalled every driver that supports my GX2. As of now I'm using the 180 beta. The 178 driver hit me with errors saying "Your running a 32 bit uninstaller on a 64 bit system" then errors again with, Your OS is not windows 64 bit, installer will now exit.

This was worse. My system crashed 3-5 times a day, I flashed my BIOS and updated my chipset and the blue screens stopped. That was yesterday.

Any Ideas?
WOW, there is a huge problem with that man..Download the new drivers and if that doesnt help you then RMA.. Sorry man, wish i could help.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I'm thinking RMA as well.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
RMA?

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

·
Registered
1,541 Posts
I think you should RMA it but can you upload your bios some people are looking for it^^

I have a other bios its number 62.92.39.00.09

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Good idea, I could throw it in my sisters rig when I get the chance.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Hmmmm.......

I don't have graw, but:
GOW run's perfectly smooth completely maxed out (with aa),
Crysis runs very nicely maxed out without the aa,
World in Conflict run's pretty good totally maxed out 16x aa and af,
oblivion does seem to slightly stutter at times,
cod 2, 4, and world at war run perfectly smooth totally maxed out with af and aa max,
company of heros runs ok maxed out without aa.

All running at 1280x720 though, no OC.

Quote:

AA kills this card for some odd reason

It does for me in ONLY crysis and company of heros.

I also noticed it doesn't like moving the camera in company of heros, and running sideways in oblivion. It seems to stutter when I do that, but not moving in COH, and runing straight and standing still in oblivion is perfectly fine.

Have you tried screwing around with the settings in nvidia control panel? It wiped out the stutter in most of my games when I went through and changed the settings a little in the 'adjust image settings with preview' then click on the blue underlined 'take me there'. Inside of that, I forced on v-sync, and turned on triple buffering, and just that alone got rid of some tearing and stuttering I was having in several games. You can read through the descriptions and fix things up to what suits you.

Other than that, my temps usually stayed around low 60's on load, and 50's in idle 100% fan load. This is with around 20C ambient temps. My problem right now is it isn't letting me adjust my gpu fanspeed (i just reloaded windows), which is why I got those temps, setting a profile up for gaming with cpu and gpu fanspeeds at 100%.

I have also noticed my computer crashing several times a day, but I figured it was my cpu getting too hot, because it only did it when I didn't give it a break long enough and the cpu was getting into the upper 60s. Think we got the same problem? idk.

Good luck.

1 - 20 of 63 Posts