Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have paid for the parts:

EK Quantum KIt
Lian Li O11 Dynamic case
Intel 10900K
MSI ACE Z490

I am using my existing 64GB RAM, and the EVGA 1200W PSU. GPU is a VEntus X3 OC 3090 which i will replace with an ASUS EK when it's out.

I want to include a second radiator and fans, but I need to understand how it would work with the Quantum kit. Is it easy to set up? I would have 1 rad at the top and 1 rad at the bottom of the case, if that helps? What else would I need apart from:

Coolstream PE 360 Radiator
EK-Vardar 120mm fans (x3)
additional Tubing
additional Fittings

Is there anything I am missing? Finally what would the installation look like?

Thanks in advance, my order for the Quantum Kit is processing, so I'm hoping I can add the extra rad and bits to my existing order. Appreciate any input.

·
9 Cans of Ravioli
19,791 Posts
that's all you'd need.

it's as hard as setting up a loop with one radiator except you have a second one, lol. if mounting a radiator and running tubes if difficult for you then I guess it'd be difficult?

·
Why is it smoking?
4,024 Posts
If it's a regular O11-D and not the XL, the bottom rad may be a tight fit depending on which motherboard headers you are using at the bottom of the board. Other than that, you should be good to go.

• Rep+
Reactions: korefuji

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys, I don't want to veer too far off. But I only just found out the O11 (non xl) supports a front panel distribution plate.

I went through the configurator step by step, and it suggested I can place a 240 rad at the bottom and a 360 rad at the top with 25mm (depth?) fans. It seems an "easier" setup, but the bit that confuses me from the manual is:

If one of the prescribed components will not be installed (ie. bottom radiator or GPU block) then one IN and one OUT port must still be joined together in order for this distribution plate to function!
I'm going to reach out to support for clarification. I will be using the top rad, cpu, bottom rad - but not the GPU. Does the text mean I can't just use a plug for the GPU inlet/outlet that are open? I don't understand what "joined together" means precisely. Joined how?

Thanks again

·
9 Cans of Ravioli
19,791 Posts
make sure you add a drain, EK kits generally leave them out and leave you without a way to easily do it. taking a tube off and hoping for the best can work but it's a little iffy on some loops.

·
Riding on the edge
3,253 Posts
I'm going to reach out to support for clarification. I will be using the top rad, cpu, bottom rad - but not the GPU. Does the text mean I can't just use a plug for the GPU inlet/outlet that are open? I don't understand what "joined together" means precisely. Joined how?
Thanks again
Look on the distribution plate and follow the path in which water can flow.
My guess is by not installing one item you'd need to make a tube (jumper) to connect one outlet to one intake to complete the loop through the plate due to the one missing component.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Distro plate make it simple with drain backside very convenient and easy drainages. They change little from regular to xl. For your case thinks you can have up to 60mm thick rad on top and the slim on bottom. For XL it have the less space at top so can have 40mm on top and have room for another 40mm thick on bottom case. In my case looks little funny I only have rad on top for now but its cooling just fine. It possible maybe go 60mm thick rad at bottom but vertical mount a gpu so changes available space a little. EK Distro plate well thought out and useful. Easy fills too.

If you only want cool cpu but not gpu with distro plate you need run a tubing to return water up to where loop can access cpu run. Gave some thought about this when planning build. Originally not going to include a gpu block until later. Decided to do it all now. It cost more but a little easier to build. 011 is a great case perfect in my eyes.

Running distilled with biocide and inhibitors for getting close to 2 months now everything is the good shape. See radiator I prefer is back in the stock. Giving thoughts to buying it and maybe add in when I change out water. Maybe better wait until next spring so can paint it white. Enjoy your system build :)

·
Overclocker in training
13,924 Posts
Hi,
Axe the distro plate and put a real rad there.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts