Overclock.net banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have just purchased the asrock 990fx killer and am having issues starting the computer. Everything turns on or so it seems but I cant tell if my bios has loaded or not because nothing is being displayed.

ASRock 990fx Killer
AMD FX 8320
Zotec 660ti
Kingston ddr3 1600 (2x8g)
ocz agility 3 128gb ssd
Antec Tp-650 (650x)

I appreciate any suggestions

Thanks All

·
Registered
618 Posts
Try to swap the VGA/DVI cable from the onboard to the dedicated GPU...see if anything displays...Check cables in the monitor....not sure if you have done this already.

·
Registered
4,594 Posts
It's a 990FX mobo, there are no onboard graphics. Check if everything is indeed connected as it should and then check if your cables/adapters etc are in working condition. Are you trying DVI,HDMI, which one?

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
I have the same board clean the gold contacts on your gpu with some alcohol clear the cmos and try every slot, note that the normal cmos for this board dose not have a jumper you have the add the jumper or metal contact to clear cmos. Make sure the cmos batter is not dead.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
*note* everything was working prior to installing motherboard. Only things that are new are the mother board and ram. CPU is 7 days old but was working fine on my gigabyte mobo.

·
Registered
199 Posts
There should be lights on the board, and possibly a little digital display giving a readout of two numbers, telling you (depending on the numbers) if there are any warnings or post problems

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I will try all these suggestions and let you know the results by tomorrow a this evening is busy :/. Once again I really appreciate the help and advice.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Well I have solved my issue. I had to clear my CMOS and format my hard drive then reboot with the clean hard drive and reinstall windows. Everything I now in working order. Thanks for the help, advice and links.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts