Overclock.net banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Banned
6,776 Posts
P5B Deluxe makes those puppies run at higher frequencies.

Now, when you said the "computer" refuses to boot them at 1000mhz, how so?

Besides that, what are the settings, timings, voltage, and so on......? Be a little more specific but as short as possible.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by Nasgul
View Post

P5B Deluxe makes those puppies run at higher frequencies.

Now, when you said the "computer" refuses to boot them at 1000mhz, how so?

Besides that, what are the settings, timings, voltage, and so on......? Be a little more specific but as short as possible.

vcore: 1.432v post-droop
9x multi, 1423mhz FSB
vdimm: 2.2v
chipset: 1.5v (also tried 1.4v before)
FSB: 1.5v (also tried 1.4v before)

Before I raised voltage to chipset/fSB from 1.4v, i would not get past the initial boot screen (comp either freezes before it displays cpu/mem speed, or shortly thereafter).
After I raised to 1.5v as above, comp will reboot while the black windows xp screen is loading.

ALso in CPU-Z timings table shows that the "Maximum Bandwidth" is PC2-6400. Shouldn't it be PC2-1000 even when i'm only running it at 800mhz?

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
1 additional note: Orthos memory test fails in literally 2 seconds even as I'm underclocked in the memory department.

This is rather disappointing....

Edit: Also, my superpi is actually almost 0.75s SLOWER with my new RAM. I don't want to dismiss my RAM as defective since besides orthos and everything else it's running okay.... but this is a letdown.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I apologize for the repeated posting, just trying to keep a log.

I successfully booted with an 8x multiplier with 1500FSB and 1000-DDR2. CPU-Z is still showing my RAM as PC2-6400... Do I not have the latest software or something? I only downloaded it a few weeks ago. It's ver 1.38.

Edit: Starting to think lack of voltage to CPU. Screenie @ http://www.hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1127603 shows a similar reading on CPU-Z so I'm not worried about that anymore. I successfully loaded windows at ddr2-1000 speeds at a higher voltage, although CPU-Z won't read it accurately (showing a constant 1.213v, but set to 1.5 in BIOS, probably around 1.475 after droop)

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by Intervention View Post
Im surprised, mine booted last night and ran 36mark06 at ddr2-1125 with my windows open. Maybe try going back to a stock clock for the cpu?
Mine REFUSES to run at 1T command cycle. All things equal, I'm booting into windows fine. under 2T, comp keeps rebooting at black winxp load screen. I upped voltage from 2.2 to 2.3v, and next time I rebooted all the characters on the initial boot screen came out in bits all over the screen.

Can I ask what your settings are, such as timing, voltage to CPU, FSB, memory, and chipset, what your overclock is?

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by atomicfission92 View Post
what divider are you running at? and what fsb?
Currently FSB at 375 and memory at 500 (1000 ddr2), so 3:4 ddr2. As I posted above, i can't do 1T command cycle for the life of me.

·
Registered
1,835 Posts
K, heres my 3dmark06 run.

http://service.futuremark.com/compare?3dm06=846624

It doesnt show your memory speed but take my word it was on a 2:3 ratio running ddr2-1125 @ 5-5-5-15 @2.25v, not sure if this is orthos stable but it was stable enough for a 3dmark 06 run.

However last night I ran orthos for 8 hours on this overclock. 360fsb, 3240MHz, memory running at a 4:5 ratio @ ddr2-900 @ 4-4-4-12 with a vcore somewhere between 1.28-1.29

My current OC as I'm typing this, not proven stable, is 378fsb, 3402Mhz with a vdrooped vcore of 1.272 with memory running 1:1 @ 3-3-3-9 with 2.25 volts

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.