Overclock.net banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bios says multiplier of 14, FSB is at 133.

However on the desktop, CPU-Z says my multiplier is 6

Giving me a total of 798.8 Mhz.

This chip is supposed to be 1.86 Ghz STOCK!!

What the heck is going on??

A7N8X-E
Athlon XP 2500+ mobile
Dane-Elec DDR PC2300 Ram (512)

HELP PLEASE!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10 Posts
Hi there. This sounds quite familiar as I've also got the ASUS A7n8X Deluxe mobo. I played around with the FSB and multiplier and then reset it to it's stock value of 166Mhz 13x only to find the BIOS thinking my CPU was an 833Mhz porcessor. Not impressed.

When your pc boots, what speed does it say your porcessor is? (It shows it just before the memory test)

It should be showing it at the same speed as Windows is reporting. All I can suggest to you is to do what I did... unplug your pc from the mains and let it sit there and think about what it did wrong... for an hour or so... and then plug it back in. With a bit of luck, it should be reporting your speeds correctly after that!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
when pc boots, it says 800 mhz

when windows is loaded, it also says 800 mhz..

i don't think i'll be very lucky if i let it sit for an hour...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10 Posts
Quote:


Originally Posted by Mr.Integra

when pc boots, it says 800 mhz

when windows is loaded, it also says 800 mhz..

i don't think i'll be very lucky if i let it sit for an hour...

You've had exactly the same issue as me. Make sure your FSB and your multipier are set correctly and save the config to CMOS using F10. Then just leave your machine de-powered for a while. I left mine overnight because I couldn't be bothered to play around with it. In the morning, it was all hunky-dory.

try it and see. If it doesn't work, maybe you could try flashing your BIOS to the latest version from www.ASUS.com
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,827 Posts
it seems that you may have changed your bios settings . try goin back into the bios and and change the processor speed to 333mhz this should sort out yur problem
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10 Posts
Quote:


Originally Posted by markuk3

it seems that you may have changed your bios settings . try goin back into the bios and and change the processor speed to 333mhz this should sort out yur problem

I think he said that he's got a Mobile Barton. I believe the Mobile Bartons use a FSB of 133Mhz not 166mhz.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Quote:


Originally Posted by Greggers

I think he said that he's got a Mobile Barton. I believe the Mobile Bartons use a FSB of 133Mhz not 166mhz.

i was actually told that the asus mother board has a problem with barton mobiles when the multiplier is past 12.5.

Greggers, where are your fsb and multiplier settings?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10 Posts
Quote:


Originally Posted by Mr.Integra

i was actually told that the asus mother board has a problem with barton mobiles when the multiplier is past 12.5.

Greggers, where are your fsb and multiplier settings?

I'm currently running with a 166Mhz and a 13x multiplier. I ran my machine at 200Mhz with an 11x mulitplier so that the CPU, mobo and RAM were all at 200Mhz, but I saw no performance increase and HL2 started freezing.
 
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Top