Overclock.net banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i i had my computer custuom bult and i went in to bios and check some things and i orderd 1800mhz kingston hyper x ram and when i view it in bios extreme tweaker it says target DRAM frequency 1333mhz did thay**** me over and install 1333mhz ram insted?

·
Super Moderator
19,298 Posts
Please avoid making multiple threads for the same thing. Be patient, all right?

·
Registered
138 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by olllian
View Post

So i i had my computer custuom bult and i went in to bios and check some things and i orderd 1800mhz kingston hyper x ram and when i view it in bios extreme tweaker it says target DRAM frequency 1333mhz did thay**** me over and install 1333mhz ram insted?

Open your case and check the ram itself. You usually need to set its speeds manually in the bios.

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Quote:

Originally Posted by rickoles View Post
Open your case and check the ram itself. You usually need to set its speeds manually in the bios.

Were do i do that?

·
Registered
2,362 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by olllian View Post

I had this problem, you have 2 options

1. You have to set the Speed manually (as my RAM is rated @ 1600 but the BIOS set to 1333 [I set it to 2000 myself anyway])

2. You need to put the RAM in the correct slots, once I put mine wrong (instead of putting a stick in a white slot I put it in a blue slot) and it wont POST when set above 1333.

Try the 1st, if it doesnt work, do the 2nd.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts