Overclock.net banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,669 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've only had my new PS2 for about 3 months. Just a few minutes ago I tried to splay GT4. I pressed the power biutton but nothing. It turns green for a second making a scretching sound, then the loght goes red again. Anyone know whats happening?

·
Banned
1,362 Posts
open it up and then try to turn it on (make sure the moving parts can still do everything the can do and look at it and post back i think it might me the infared eye not moving cause this happened in my old ps2 thats why i had to get another

·
Premium Member
5,049 Posts
<div style="margin:20px;margin-top:5px;">
<div class="smallfont" style="margin-bottom:2px;">Quote:</div>
<table border="0" cellpadding="6" cellspacing="0" width="99%"><tr><td class="alt2" style="border:1px inset;">
<div>Originally Posted by <strong>johnnys</strong></div>
<div style="font-style:italic;">open it up and then try to turn it on (make sure the moving parts can still do everything the can do and look at it and post back i think it might me the infared eye not moving cause this happened in my old ps2 thats why i had to get another</div>
</td>
</tr></table></div>
I wouldn't do that, I'm not sure but I think it voids the warranty. Seeing as you only had it for 3 months I would send it to them to get it repaired.

·
Registered
1,669 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
how do i send it to sony?

·
Banned
1,362 Posts
well my old ps2 was like 4 1/2 years old so i was like eh why not but anyway if you still have the ps2 box it should be on there or take it back to the dealer where you bought it from

·
Registered
1,669 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
anyone know how long the warranty is on a PS2?

·
Registered
3,182 Posts
about a year i think as with most things

·
Registered
1,989 Posts
ps3 warranty is a year but whatever you do if you want that warranty to stay dont try and open your ps2, it will void the waranty.

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
Yeah, companies usually don't like people taking things apart and then trying to call them on the warrenty.<G> Just send it to them and let them deal with it. (I'd go to the Sony website for replacement info if I were you.)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts