Overclock.net banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
907 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im going to be buying a new psu towmorow a 500w aspire i will eventualy have a 7800gt 5 case fans and a dfi -ut-d will this do me .the 12v rail is rated 34a the only reason im buying it is because my other one blew up lol
but my system is fine
HELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLPPP!!!! or how about the 550w one that is the one above it but i dont want to spend money like that but will if it is worht the extra #10

http://aspireusa.net/product.php?pid=17

http://aspireusa.net/product.php?pid=24

·
Registered
459 Posts
what manufacturer was your old PSU that blew up? Like Ste mentioned, i would avoid buying an older PSU that doesn't have a 24 pin connection.

·
Registered
907 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
it was a no name thing i got with my case so i saw q-tec but have heard lots of bad things about them ?? so i dont think i will get one

·
Premium Member
10,655 Posts
nope that won't do it!!!

I had that psu running this system:
3200 venice
Asus A8n sli deluxe
1gb corsair 3200C2
MSI 6600GT
audigy 2 zs
dvd rom
dvd burner
floppy
2x sata hd
6 case fans

with that setup the rig ran fine... but here's the clincher. I could oc my cpu to 2.4 (stock volts) and it ran fine... but as soon as I added vcore my rails would start to fluctuate out of spec. If I added a second 6600GT I had to run my cpu at stock speeds. it was a one or the other thing... not a both.

do yourself a favor and stay away from aspire. they make decent psus for mid-range systems... but they are not good for high end/power hungry systems.

you should look at the sunbeam nuuo. it is much better and is only about 25 more.

·
Registered
642 Posts
dude im using my aspire and it works great i bought it from a friend for 10$ you can get it for 30$
my friend has one too runs 1 x850 1 dvd-rom

i got 1 200gb segate SATA hard drive and one maxtor 300gb SATA hard drive
1 cd-rom 1 dvr-rw w/lightscribe

·
Registered
9 Posts
Aspires are junk, i wouldn't risk a 486 with one of those things, i've seen them blow up and take entire systems with them. go here and have a look.

·
Registered
460 Posts
wow i like the look of that!

·
Registered
460 Posts
i never said it was good, i said i liked the look of it, i would splice the guts of a better one into that shell

·
Premium Member
10,655 Posts
yeah, they look good... but that's the same one that I had and it just wouldn't cut it... the 5v rail fluctuated way out of spec, the 3.3v rail jumped around too and the 12v rail way way too low.

·
Premium Member
10,655 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by dani

but it got dual 12v rails
one is 19A the second is 18A

it wouldn't matter if it had 15 12v rails w/ 45a on each... if the psu isn't stable it's not good.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts