Overclock.net banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
629 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, my sig rig wont boot into windows anymore... just before going to windows, it says my C drive needs to be checked and that i have 10sec to press something to cancel. if i press something the system freezes and if i wait for the checking the system freezes too ... i tried to run the "checking" overnight but hmmm yeah its really frozen :/ ... is my C300 dead ? what are my options ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
699 Posts
You could set your boot priority to boot from your seagate HD. If you don't have windows installed on the seagate, put the windows install disk in and try installing windows on it to see if your system will boot from the seagate once windows is installed.

At that point if your system will boot from the seagate, you very well may have a bad SSD.

·
Registered
629 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by PulkPull
View Post

You could set your boot priority to boot from your seagate HD. If you don't have windows installed on the seagate, put the windows install disk in and try installing windows on it to see if your system will boot from the seagate once windows is installed.

At that point if your system will boot from the seagate, you very well may have a bad SSD.

i bought it like 2 months ago and it was working fine ... how can it turn bad all of the sudden ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
699 Posts
When I was researching my sig rig I ran across alot of reports of them just going bad out of the blue. I went ahead and got one anyway, but the reports of bad ones are out there.

You could ask the guys over at the crucial forums about your problem. Lots of very informative crucial employees post solutions to users problems all the time there.

·
Registered
1,822 Posts
Quote:
i bought it like 2 months ago and it was working fine ... how can it turn bad all of the sudden ?
Because it can?
biggrin.gif

Sounds dead to me but maybe the Crucial forums can help.

I've had 3 Intel G2 SSDs die on me and one of those was no good right out of the box.

Let us know how the Crucial RMA goes.

·
Registered
1,822 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jomboh;11927519
next time 2 raptors in raid0
Yep...I'm with ya all the way!
biggrin.gif

How much you want for that old, moldy, unreliable, Crucial?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts