Overclock.net banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have 4 x 2GB Samsung 1333MHz and i use to be able to use all 4 of them but one day when i went to turn on my computer it wouldnt post. So i tried to detect the problem and it was my ram.

If i take 1 out and leave the other 3, it would boot and work. At first i thought that the specific DIMM was broken but i can use any Combinations of DIMMs as long as i have only 3 Installed. I also thought that the specific RAM slot on my motherboard was broken but i can use all of them as long as there are only 3 DIMMs installed.

Does anybody have any ideas that could help fix this problem??

BTW im talking about my sig rig so my motherboard is th P7P55D Pro.

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Quote:

Originally Posted by iamtwan
View Post

Have you tired all the sticks? Maybe that specific stick is bad?

Yes, when i try all the sticks the computer doesnt post. I know that the specific stick isnt bad because i can swap it with one of the other 3 and it works. I just cant get a post with all 4 sticks in.

·
Registered
2,506 Posts
You have to check the RAM slots to make sure you have no bent terminals and they are fully seated. If they are fine, then pull the CPU and make sure none of the 1156 pins are bent.

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Quote:

Originally Posted by ezveedub
View Post

You have to check the RAM slots to make sure you have no bent terminals and they are fully seated. If they are fine, then pull the CPU and make sure none of the 1156 pins are bent.

Yeah ive checked that they are fully seated. Havent checked to see if the pins are bent though.

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
Did you try resetting CMOS? Maybe you have a OC setting or something not default that makes 4 sticks unstable. If a CMOS reset doesn't do it then boot up with 3 sticks and increase RAM voltage some and see if that helps.

·
Registered
2,506 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mentoss
View Post

Yeah ive checked that they are fully seated. Havent checked to see if the pins are bent though.

It sounds odd, but I had issues for while. I finally yanked out my I7 CPU and looked carefully with a flashlight and found 4 pins moved. Ever since that, I've zero issues and my OC has been rock stable.

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Quote:

Originally Posted by Markisa
View Post

Did you try resetting CMOS? Maybe you have a OC setting or something not default that makes 4 sticks unstable. If a CMOS reset doesn't do it then boot up with 3 sticks and increase RAM voltage some and see if that helps.

I havent got an overclock running on the sticks. I might try increasing the ram voltage but im cautious to do so cause i dont wanna damage the sticks.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mentoss
View Post

I havent got an overclock running on the sticks. I might try increasing the ram voltage but im cautious to do so cause i dont wanna damage the sticks.

If you stay below 1.65v you should have no troubles. Worth a shot :0

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Quote:

Originally Posted by netwalker
View Post

If you stay below 1.65v you should have no troubles. Worth a shot :0

Alright i'll give it a go.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts