Overclock.net banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4,040 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So when i bought my current PC i overlooked the fact that my MoBo was not standard size, but in fact was a micro ATX.

It works great but there is a very specific issue, when i try to mount my PC together after dissasemble for cleaning i take a very long time to install the CPU heatsink because theres verry little space for my hands to manouver between my CM dominator 920 case and the heatsink. I can literally take 30-45 mins just mounting the fans on my noctua hetsink. This is very annoying to me.

Since a new MoBo is more expensive than a new case, i was thinking about replacing my case. Can you guys recommend a case that will make it easy to mount/dismount my CPU heatsink (Noctua NH-U9B SE2) on my Micto ATX MoBo? My budget is around 100 euros, it can be a bit more, but not too much, dimsensions can be a bitter bit bigger than my curent case. I dont want a micro ATX case.

Thanks for your time.

·
Registered
925 Posts

·
Registered
4,040 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for your replies. I really like the look of the 450D but im still unsure if it would work. Thankfully i have found a possible solution on another corsair case.

The corsair 500R has the top part cut out, just like you can see on THIS video. This would help me install the heat sink, so the case would actually work for me, however, i dont really like its looks. So i would appreciate if you could recommend me other cases that had the top cut out, have great cable management and air flow, i dont really care about windows or any flashy stuff. My budget can go a little higher than 100 euros.

Many thanks again for your time.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts