Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
555 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have my eyes on an AMD 64 3200+ (Winchester). Im getting it as an OEM and I was wondering what could be the best heatsink for it. Noise doesn't bother me that much, but I dont want my PC to sound like a jet... Some help?

·
Registered
555 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
cool... if I cand find that, any alternatives?

·
Banned
2,316 Posts
Coolermaster Hyper 6 (I think that fiits your platform) or Thermaltake Tower 112 (Its a heavy beast).

I believe you need to use these with 90mm fans (unlike the XP-120 which a 120mm fan)

·
Registered
84 Posts
don't forget the XP-90.. great performances !!! i use it on a AMD64 3200 and it works great wit ha 92mm fan..

not too expensive either !

·
Registered
555 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Uber cool... thanx guys

·
Premium Member
8,208 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by d3_deeb

I have my eyes on an AMD 64 3200+ (Winchester). Im getting it as an OEM and I was wondering what could be the best heatsink for it. Noise doesn't bother me that much, but I dont want my PC to sound like a jet... Some help?

I just noticed you're from Qatar. I had a good friend in college from Qatar who said he was the President's cousin. This was like 4 years ago so I'm not sure if it's the same President but he use to tell me some funny stories about back home.

·
Registered
555 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
lol.. yeah not many things happen here.. but this country is evolving fast because the Emir (president) was changed sometime back, and the Asian games are coming up

·
Registered
241 Posts
well i just build an AMD 64 3200 (clawhammer) system and i went with the XP-120 and it was no mistake. its a beast and keeps my CPU temps low idle or on load.:shades2:

·
Banned
2,316 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by nonxsistant

well i just build an AMD 64 3200 (clawhammer) system and i went with the XP-120 and it was no mistake. its a beast and keeps my CPU temps low idle or on load.:shades2:

Yep...Thermalright definatly know their stuff

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
I swear those towers are a bad thing waiting to happen. Something about hanging that much weight from some thin mobo scrrs me. If you are going to go thermaltake instead of thermalright, go with the heatpipe 101 . Same idea as the tower, less weight, same cooling ability.

·
Registered
555 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Cool... I can order these from Newegg right? I found websites like FrozenCPU and Newegg, any other cool sites i can check out?

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
i'm not sure how to start a new thread so i'll ask here........why is it that my 3Dmark 03 score was lower the second time i did it? the second time i increased my core clock by 45MHZ and my memory clock by 85MHZ (graphics card) shouldnt i get a better score?

·
Registered
555 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Well for starters... ur in the wrong part of the forum! and.. what did u use to OC ur videocard?

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
Quote:

Well for starters... ur in the wrong part of the forum! and.. what did u use to OC ur videocard?

i told you, i dont know how to start a new thread
, and i used the gigabyte V-Tuner 2

·
Registered
555 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
when u play games... do u get occasional freezes?

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
Quote:

when u play games... do u get occasional freezes?

I dont get freezes but in NFS underground 2 on max graphics i get like a quick skip every hour or so

1 - 20 of 23 Posts