Overclock.net banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay so i have been posting some new posts around for my first build, I really dont know alot about some stuff when it comes down to a computers. Yes u can call me a noob if you want. Okay my question is what should i get for my monitor. I deff. want a lcd flat panel. I have been looking around the internet and doing some research and i have found some LCD tv's with pc tuner also I'm in love with the dual monitors display i think thats really cool. Okay so my question is should i get a LCD tv with pc input if its worth it or just get a 2 Dual monitor tvs and just put a tv tuner later on. Im a gamer/site builder, and doing the regular old stuff music,pics,etc if someone can help me out that would be great im just confused on what to get... <br />
<br />
Thanks <br />
<br />
Mike

·
Premium Member
10,655 Posts
get a real monitor because computer monitors typically have much higher resolution and have faster refresh rates then the typical LCD TV.<br><br>
Take the 3 monitors I have (one is a TV)<br><br>
Viewsonic 19" widescreen<br>
Dell 17"<br>
Viewsonic 27" widescreen (TV)<br><br>
both smaller monitors have higher resolution then the 27" viewsonic TV, and both have faster refresh rates. Also, both cost less then a fraction of the price. Granted we are talking different size monitors which plays a large role, but still.<br><br>
If you want to be able to watch TV on your computer monitor just get a TV tuner card for your PC and go from there. Then you'll be able to watch, record, edit, etc. and you'll still have the better specs of the computer monitor.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Do you know where i can buy those monitors?<br />
<br />
Newegg.com<br />
Tigerdirect.com <br />
Ebay.com <br />
<br />
Those are most of the places i look for cheap stuff if anyone know where i can find it cheaper then let me know thanks

1 - 3 of 3 Posts