Overclock.net banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys i really need your help, this morning i woke up with my computer on, so i tried to move my mouse with no response from the computer. So i hit the power button and the computer wouldnt do anything so i hit the powersuppply switch and tried to turned it back on now computer wont even START. opened the case and see no motherboard light on.. this is a 2 weeks old computer

ocz modstream 450watt
asus a8n-sli
amd64 3200 venice
xfx 7800gt
mushkin 1gig
maxtor harddrive

please i really need help, the computer part was bought from newegg.com and it has been overclock. 2.6ghz 1.5vcore and was running very stable ran prime95 for atleast 24hrs

·
Premium Member
4,325 Posts
Try resetting the CMOS and see if it clears up your problem. Before you overclock your rig again, make sure you test your components at stock.

You already know about Prime95 and also use memtest86 on your RAM. Doing this will ensure that your system will perform well at higher rated speeds.

Your computer may have been experiencing some instability which is why it hung up on you. Not all signs of instability can be detected with Prime95, it may be good, but you won't really know until you actually use it. Slow responding programs, data corruption, and just generally slow responsiveness are signs of instability as well as the errors detected by test programs.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Quote:

Originally Posted by Chim3ra

Try resetting the CMOS and see if it clears up your problem. Before you overclock your rig again, make sure you test your components at stock.

You already know about Prime95 and also use memtest86 on your RAM. Doing this will ensure that your system will perform well at higher rated speeds.

Your computer may have been experiencing some instability which is why it hung up on you. Not all signs of instability can be detected with Prime95, it may be good, but you won't really know until you actually use it. Slow responding programs, data corruption, and just generally slow responsiveness are signs of instability as well as the errors detected by test programs.

tried resetting cmos, i did this *link below* to test my powersupply and the power supply doesnt even turn on.

http://www.overclock.net/power-suppl...g+power+supply

·
Premium Member
4,325 Posts
If it won't turn on, smell the power supply and check if there is a burnt smell to it. It just sounds like your PSU went out on you. If you have another one around try swapping it in and see if your rig will boot.

·
Registered
1,741 Posts
Quote:

If it won't turn on, smell the power supply and check if there is a burnt smell to it. It just sounds like your PSU went out on you. If you have another one around try swapping it in and see if your rig will boot.

Agreed because he should beable to see a led light on his mobo unless the light is burnt out which would be the better case scenario.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Quote:

Originally Posted by andrewchamp1232

Agreed because he should beable to see a led light on his mobo unless the light is burnt out which would be the better case scenario.

when the computer was on i notice my 12vott drops to 11.8 somtimes 11.7 usually stays at 11.9. could that be the problem im pushing my psu to hard?

·
Premium Member
4,325 Posts
You have 2 accounts?

Techinically your PSU was stable from your readings. Things just happen with components sometimes and parts will die due to differences in the manufacturing process. Just request an RMA through newegg and they should get a new one out to you in no time.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Quote:

You have 2 accounts?

Techinically your PSU was stable from your readings. Things just happen with components sometimes and parts will die due to differences in the manufacturing process. Just request an RMA through newegg and they should get a new one out to you in no time.

i made 2 account because i thought i lost my password, and couldnt login as i was in a rush.

k im heading out to the computer store to test another psu

btw thanks for the help guys

·
Premium Member
45,674 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by b0i

i made 2 account because i thought i lost my password, and couldnt login as i was in a rush.

k im heading out to the computer store to test another psu

btw thanks for the help guys

Please PM "Admin" to correct this!
Also... use Caps/Grammer

·
Banned
4,795 Posts
It shouldnt, unless a HUGE voltage goes through everything, but highly doubtful, it just sounds like a PSU issue and 450w isnt powerful enough for a 7800GT >_>, id go 550w for your set up.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Quote:

Originally Posted by metalkobra

It shouldnt, unless a HUGE voltage goes through everything, but highly doubtful, it just sounds like a PSU issue and 450w isnt powerful enough for a 7800GT >_>, id go 550w for your set up.

unless someone wants to buy my 450w modstream then i will probably upgrade, until then ill have to save up for a psu with sli support =)

the powersupply doesnt smell like it blew or anything, so i think i might be in good hands with my other hardware =\\

1 - 12 of 12 Posts