Overclock.net banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

I'm about to build a mATX but i can't decide which case to choice, i'm interested in a cube shape. Needs to be able to fit full sized gfx cards.

Currently looking at:
Lian-Li PC-V352
Lian-Li PC-V354
Silverstone SG01-F

I'm leaning towards the 352 but can't seem to find any reviews on them, but it is Lian-Li so I know what to expect i guess.

What are your thoughts, is there any i missed, what's recommend?

·
Registered
211 Posts
I dont think you have included enough info about system specs and such for anyone to make an educated decision. On looks alone i really like the 352 also. But you need to look at measurements at the Lian Li website to ensure that all your parts will fit.

This might help.

From these specs it seems that silverstone has no chance in this fight. Hope i helped and good luck!

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My bad here are the specs

MoboAsus P7H55-M-USB3
CPUIntel i7 870
MemoryG.Skill Ripjaws 1600mhz 2x2GB
CPU CoolerScythe Big Shuriken
GPU ATI 6XXX or Nvidia 460GTX

Yea the 352 looks like the way to go, any other cases?

·
Registered
211 Posts
Also the 354 can support 350mm cards or 14in. The cards u suggested are 210mm or 8.25in. Plenty of clearance and promotes better air flo. The other lian li only has 280mm or 11 inches. The Silverstone is a bust other than the price. The 354 has more room for upgrades. Id get the 354 in red

·
Registered
783 Posts
Why mATX? You can fit all that gear (except the mobo) in a smaller itx case. The SG05 it tiny, and yet can be made into quite a powerful machine.

If you were going 1366, it'd be a different story, but with 1156 mini-ITX is great! Check the rig in my sig

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Quote:

Originally Posted by jgarcia View Post
Also the 354 can support 350mm cards or 14in. The cards u suggested are 210mm or 8.25in. Plenty of clearance and promotes better air flo. The other lian li only has 280mm or 11 inches. The Silverstone is a bust other than the price. The 354 has more room for upgrades. Id get the 354 in red

Thanks for the useful info, airflow is important and something that needs to be watch when building small rigs.

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Master Chief View Post
man just get the lian li.

Quote:

Originally Posted by miahallen View Post
Why mATX? You can fit all that gear (except the mobo) in a smaller itx case. The SG05 it tiny, and yet can be made into quite a powerful machine.

If you were going 1366, it'd be a different story, but with 1156 mini-ITX is great! Check the rig in my sig

I was going to build itx but there are some features i need such as sata3 and some pci slots that can't be found on itx mobos.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts