Overclock.net banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Quick question, which radeon hd card should i get, this is the system i will be buying:

GIGABYTE GA-880GMA-UD2H
AMD Phenom II x4 955 Black Edition
G.SKILL 4GB240-Pin DDR3 PC310600
PSU Not decided yet

don't know if i forgot anything but ya, which card should i get.

I know, biggest question, Whats my budget...
I prefer to not spend to much, i don't want to spend more than 150 on the card unless its really worth it

P.S. I prefer to not have 10 people say all the same thing about 1 card so variety with an explanation is better

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
alright thx, i did read a couple bad reviews about the HIS, just about how it's a little unstable, what do you think about that?

·
Premium Member
3,785 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by crazymonkey93
View Post

Quick question, which radeon hd card should i get, this is the system i will be buying:

GIGABYTE GA-880GMA-UD2H
AMD Phenom II x4 955 Black Edition
G.SKILL 4GB240-Pin DDR3 PC310600
PSU Not decided yet

don't know if i forgot anything but ya, which card should i get.

I know, biggest question, Whats my budget...
I prefer to not spend to much, i don't want to spend more than 150 on the card unless its really worth it

P.S. I prefer to not have 10 people say all the same thing about 1 card so variety with an explanation is better

Get a 5770, then get another later, these cards are MONSTERS in CFX.

·
Registered
2,066 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by crazymonkey93
View Post

alright thx, i did read a couple bad reviews about the HIS, just about how it's a little unstable, what do you think about that?

Well the guy I bought it off of had 2 of them in CF for a few months, so I wasn't worried. IIRC, the problem the HIS 5770s was that some heat sinks weren't making contact with the GPU. My seller personally replaced the TIM with some good stuff, so I'm certain it works well.

·
Registered
4,864 Posts
5770 for ATI. The GTX460 768 performs better in the same price range, but I'm not a fan of the 768. I don't like to gimp myself on memory. Either will make you happy for the price.

Could even maybe pick up a used 5770 hawk in the marketplace here.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts