Overclock.net banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Banned
5,028 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i am buying some DDR3 1.6Ghz ram today with an asus crosshair IV

but i need to quadruple check which ram is the best for me.
i have a LOW budjet. the price of the ram must NOT go over 114 bucks. including shipping. i am buying from newegg, because tigerdirect has overpriced stuff for some reason.

these are my choices:
G.SKILL Ripjaws
its cheaper and it will look incredible in the MB(red black MB+red black ram+red black GPU FTW), but im worried it might not fit with my large CPU cooler hanging over the first 2 DIMMs
G.SKILL ECO
10 dollars more

low profile, and i have heard that these work with AMD CPU better

so what should i choose?
i dont want to **** up my PC like i did in my first build (i bought bad case, defective MB, and defective GPU)
so plz help me out i want to use my real PC instead of my mom's lol

·
Registered
484 Posts
Either kit should work fine, just go with the lowest latency with highest clock speed.

• Rep+
Reactions: Enfluenza

·
Registered
95 Posts
I personally have some ripjaws, and I love them. Never had any problems so far with them.

Also on the look of the ripjaws, the picture son newegg really don't do them justice. They are a really nice looking metallic red. Would look great with your setup. The heat sinks are pretty tall on them though. I have just enough space to fit 2 more sticks into my last dimm slots.

·
Banned
5,028 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i think i might go with the ECOs.
i wont be OC'ing ram much anyway (i never done it b4, im too paranoid
)
low profile ram will be great if i decide to go with a larger cooler or someting

btw this ram runs perfectly fine with AMD BE CPUs right?

·
Premium Member
20,621 Posts
ECO's indeed... if you wanna have an idea of how far you can take these babies, have a look at my sig

1 - 11 of 11 Posts